'I motivate myself' - St. Johns-short description

lnddancer 3 / 6  
Please upload or provide below a short personal statement of 250 words or less on the topic listed below.

What motivates you? We'd like to know what activities you really enjoy. Do they tie in with any career goals? Have you won any awards or honors?

I motivate myself; I have goals and I set out to get them. I love learning and trying new things, I have a zest for life. I try to have purpose behind my actions and live life to the fullest. I don't let little things bother me, if something isn't important 7 years from now then it doesn't matter. I am focused on my future-my career.

Having a speech impediment and being teased has led me to want to make a difference in others' lives as a Speech Pathologist. I want to help and encourage others to be articulant in their speech the way I am not. Although I have received honors and awards in dance, orchestra and academics, my greatest gift is my initiative.
ckpckp1994 8 / 17 2  
I really like the opening. The way you wrote was strong and persuasive. I didn't count but I think there is room for more.

I suggest extending the second paragraph so that your theme stands out even more to readers.
OP lnddancer 3 / 6  
Thank you so much! How is this?

Having a speech impediment and being teased has led me to want to make a difference in others' lives as a Speech Pathologist. I remember being embarrassed to read aloud and I don't want others to feel the same hurt I did. I want to help and encourage others to be articulent in their speech the way I am now. Although I have received many honors and awards in dance, orchestra and academics, my greatest gift is my initiative. I am a focused, goal-oriented and driven individual; I know what I need to do to succeed and further my education. Attending St. Johns would help me to reach and surpass my potential as a student and person.

Home / Undergraduate / 'I motivate myself' - St. Johns-short description