What motivated you to apply to TFI and why is it important to you that you are accepted

chondamma4 2 / 6 2  
Ever since I was a child, it has been drilled into me that duty to your nation comes first. I have been told, and have understood that there is a vast difference between wanting to do something and actually doing it. When I first heard about 'Teach for India', I was an idealistic 21 year old who was bent on making a place for me in this world. This included getting a job first, making money, earning a good reputation and then later on in life, do something that that others could benefit from. Yes, like all among our age group, I too wanted to make a change but didn't know where to start. So like all others, I got a job and told myself I could the change the world later. I decided I could always make time for 'Teach for India' later. And for two years I gave my job everything that I could give.

In 2011, I quit my job as a senior process associate; because I felt I just wasn't doing anything that another person could learn from. I felt like a robot going through the motions, every day I sit in front of a computer and type up reports for somebody from another country who didn't want to do that particular job and passed it on to a cheap service provider. It went from being something that I loved to a monotonous and meaningless job which gave me no satisfaction. I was no longer enamored with the lure of making money and thoroughly disillusioned with the corporate world. I realized I couldn't deal with the 'rat race' and took a break to rediscover myself. A year later I found inspiration in an advertisement for 'Teach for India' which said "Every child deserves an excellent education". I read about the fellowship and the story of a fellow and knew that, here is a chance to give back to the nation which has given me so much. I was lucky to receive a good education, both at school and at home. Our country has so many children that may not be as lucky and privy to the same kind of education. This strengthened my resolve to join 'Teach for India' and help little children mould themselves to become good members of society. I would like to inspire and motivate them to bring out the best in each child. Yes, the road to end educational inequity is long, but I would like to be a part of something that struggles to eradicate educational inequity. After all, today's youth are tomorrow's leaders.

Thanks for reading.

Please help me with grammar, punctuation and any correction if necessary. It's urgent! It has be 400 words.
Ever since I was a child, it has been drilled into me that duty to your nation comes first.

Ever since I was a child, those patriotic feelings have been drilled into me that my nation gets highest priority over everything else.

Yes, like all among our age group,

Yes, like the majority of my age group

In 2011, I quit my job as a senior process associate; because I felt I just wasn't doing anything that another person could learn from

In 2011 I quit my job as a senior process associate because I felt I was not doing anything that another person could benefit from.
generalshepherd 2 / 6 4  
Apart from the few change by the poster before me,your essay was superb!!! I felt your story I connected with your passion. It grabbed my attention from start to finish. Well done!!

Home / Undergraduate / What motivated you to apply to TFI and why is it important to you that you are accepted