Motivation essay for Student Exchange Program (deadline at Monday)

reactor 1 / -  
Please check my motivation essay for grammar errors etc. Also It would be great if you could give the review of this essay. Thanks.

Did you ever know that the bridge in Porto has been constructed by Eiffel even before the famous Eiffel tower? Each country has something unique, something that can amaze. And Portugal surely is no exception. Just like this bridge, Portugal is amazing, but a little mysterious and not very well-known country for me. Now I'm studying Advertising and have already realized that main tools of advertiser, as well as any human-related professional, are not only his or her knowledge and skills, but especially personal characteristics and individual experience. It is often said that no education is complete without experience. With the greatest interest I've read the information regarding the student exchange program in Portugal, which encouraged me to write this essay to you. This must be, indeed, a truly unique chance.

The best time to learn is when you are young. Studying abroad will help to make decisions for myself, develop my own opinions and build up myself as a person. It will improve my self-confidence and communication skills. I'll become more experienced in dealing with people of different background and perhaps with different beliefs and values. This will help me to work not only in my homeland but also on the international level, like communicating with foreign costumers or even working abroad.

I have been a keen photographer for about three years, and as you know photography plays an important part in media-culture and advertising. This opportunity of studying abroad will not only improve my photography skills, but will also give me an opportunity to inspiration in creative way. Galeria de Arte Cinematica, Museu de Arte Contemporanea de Serralves, Modern Art Center and other galleries and museums in Portugal will help me to understand better the cultural background and get in touch with Portuguese culture. Russia is still a young country with a new heritage of visual communication. It is very important for me to visit and to study in a place which is just the opposite - a place with a rich history of visual culture of art, design and advertising. I strongly believe that there are no frontiers for ideas in the boundless world we live in. I want my works to come up to the international standards and to take all the best from all the world cultures.

Today borders between advertising as purely commercial product and visual art are more and more obviously erased. My goal is to become an Art director of a large network agency and to supervise over creation of advertising from negotiations with clients to its physical realization. For this purpose it is necessary to know about all accompanying processes and to understand each of them. I try my hands at photography, photo retouch, video editing, video post-production and design. Last year I won a university commercial creating competition. Course Multimedia Communication Technology in IPP will allow to improve my existing skills and to give necessary experience in the area of design and multimedia. For this reason I consider that I'm perfectly suitable as a participant of Student Exchange Program. Thanks to the ambitions and desire to develop in the professional area, I can acquire and use the received knowledge into practice in the future.

The well-qualified education without experience, it's like preparing for driving test on computer simulator. Studying abroad is that necessary experience which will be a most memorable in my life. I'm strongly believe that Portugal is the best place to get the education in area of advertising that will help me in my professional career and develop my skills.
Now I'm studying Advertising and have already realized that main tools of an advertiser, as well as any human-related professional, include not only his or her knowledge and skills, but especially personal characteristics and individual experience.

Okay, I see 4 or 5 good ideas that you have conveyed in these paragraphs. Now, can you come up with a theme that is the main idea of the whole essay? something that will make the essay memorable to a reader -- because of what it stands for.

Today's advertising has borders between purely commercial product and a visual art that are more and more obviously erased.

Home / Undergraduate / Motivation essay for Student Exchange Program (deadline at Monday)