About Movie "Forrest Gump"; NYU Supplement What intrigues you?

kevinll 3 / 5 1  
Following are 2 questions on NYU supplement, urgently need Help!!
I wrote about "Forrest Gump" for the first one. I want to make sure if it is impressive enough.
Please be critique and share the feeling after reading it! Really appreciate it.

1.What intrigues you?
Forrest Gump, a character who has shown the possibility and the beauty of life. He wasn't smart, yet he always tried his best to do things well; he wasn't sly enough to fit in the cunning world, yet he came through everything with honesty and love. Never did he look down on himself, with the support from his family and friends, and most importantly, himself. The naĂŻve and simple thinking pushed him forward to fight his own destiny, finally changing the impossible to reality. Gump broke the restraints on him and ran freely on the road of life.

This is a movie made me speechlessly sitting on bench, touched and awed at Gump's eventful and colorful life. A question popped up in my mind, "What life means to you?" Perhaps I am controlled by my fate, but as Gump said, "Life was like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're going to get". Everything can be a gift in life, and it may come in many forms, maybe as challenges or obstacles. I choose to see it differently. Each ordeal in life brings me to the next level, making me grow and adding up some seasoning to my life. Gump taught me to live with positive mind and confidence, as he did, I don't hesitate to pursue my dream. Even it seems impossible, it can be laughed by others; however, life is just like a box of chocolate, who knows?

2. Why NYUAD?
I spent four years of my childhood in Myanmar, my parent's home, and received the education in Taiwan. With these experiences, I am lucky enough to view different cultures and find my love of exploring them early in my life. The thrill of being in a new environment, learning local traditions, tasting exotic cuisine, seeing the colorful life of other culture is so intriguing that I always have the dream of stepping up to the global stage. And NYUAD is the stairway to fulfill it. It has the diverse student body and the location in the crossroad of the world, plus the emphasis of global citizens and chances of foreign study. I know in here, I will really become who I want to be and get closer to my dream.
mannyalesh - / 8 1  
The Forrest Gump reference is great. In the second supplement, try to discuss what you have to offer for NYUAD. This will just make it a stronger essay.
OP kevinll 3 / 5 1  
Thanks for the advice!
OP kevinll 3 / 5 1  
I did some modifications

Why choose NYUAD?
I spent four years of my childhood in Myanmar, my parent's home, and received the education in Taiwan. With these experiences, I am lucky enough to view different cultures and find my love of exploring them early in my life. The thrill of being in a new environment, learning local traditions, seeing the colorful life of other culture is so intriguing that I always have the dream of stepping up to the global stage. And NYUAD is the key to make it happen. In here, with the diverse student body and the location in the crossroad of the world, I believe I can extend my vision to a broader extent and use what I learn to make a difference for the world.
hanksze 3 / 8  
The structure is fine, you can put more focus on the change of yourself.
tonton2college 3 / 7 1  
I really like your analysis of Forrest Gump! It was sincere and touching.
That said

ćˆ'äšŸć˜Żĺ°ç£äşş:) and i'm applying to NYU too, best of luck to the both of us!!
hanksze 3 / 8  
ĺ"ˆĺ"ˆ! è-è-ĺ›‰

It's great to see other Taiwanese in here , Good luck with your application!

Home / Undergraduate / About Movie "Forrest Gump"; NYU Supplement What intrigues you?