'Movies like Iron man and Avengers have inspired me' - why mechanical engineering as my major?

JaZZyCooL 2 / 1  
What interests you about your selected program of study? (2000 character Limit)

It all started since I was a child, the only thing that interested me more than my cricket kit was science books and magazines. I was fascinated by the technological advancements some of the greatest minds have made in the field of engineering. I didn't quite understand the actual depth of mechanical engineering until later in the high school, but I was clear about my path and what interested me the most.

I remember the days when I use to come back from my cricket practice and ask my dad to explain the inner workings of the car. I also have memories of googling tech-crunch and Engadget websites for hours reading articles about latest tech inventions in the field of mechanical engineering. The most interesting thing i find about my major is that it is involved in almost all kinds of fields whether it be aerospace, health, computer science etc. Mechanical engineering has vast applications in today's world.

Over the years, movies like Iron man and Avengers have inspired me about the possibilities future holds in terms of tech innovations. Everyday something new is released in the market, which keeps motivating me to continue on my journey in what interests me the most. Working with Arduino and programming it create even the most basic robot, gives me a sense of satisfaction. It also spurs me to find an alternative methods of completing my robot with better modifications and features.

I have an opportunity to learn about engineering from one of the world's best institution. Whether it be nanotechnology or robotics, Georgia tech has it all. This will not only help me expand my understanding about engineering, but also challenge my brain to go out of my comfort zone and solve problems relating to science.
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Jaamin Patel.
Welcome to Essay Forum. Fortunately, you have been the right medium to finalize your writing. Please, let me help you. These are my corrections.

It THOSE all HAD BEEN started since I was a child, . the only thing that interested ATTRACTED me more than my cricket kit was READING science books and magazines.

... technological advancements AND some of the greatest minds WHICH have BEEN made in the ...
I didn't DID NOT(Please, avoid using contractions in the formal writing) quite understand the actual depth of mechanical engineering DEEPLY until later in the high school, but I was clear about OBVIOUSLY HAVE FOUND my path and what ...

I rememberED the days when (...) and ask my dad to explain ABOUT AN EXPLANATION OF the inner workings ...
... tech-crunch and Engadget websites for hours AFTER I READ reading articles about WHICH RELATED TO latest tech (...) of mechanical engineering FOR HOURS. The most interesting thing i I find FOUND about my major is that it ...

... has vast applications in THE today's world.

... me about the possibilities future WHICH holds in terms ...
Everyday something new THE NOVEL THING is released in the market EVERY DAY, which keeps motivating me MY MOTIVATION to continue on my journey ...
... and programming it createS even the most basic robot AND gives me a ...
It also spurs me to find an alternative methods of ...

This will not only help me expand my understanding KNOWLEDGE about engineering, but (...) solve problems relating to THE science.

Note. Actually, when you wanna write the writing systematically, you do not move to another topic before make you sure that it is explained clearly. On the other hand, you need to harness linking words (Such as Following that, after that, However, and go on) to make yours smoother while readers read from a sentence to another sentence.

Keep spirit.
Good Luck

Home / Undergraduate / 'Movies like Iron man and Avengers have inspired me' - why mechanical engineering as my major?