Moving Forward by Looking Back -- USC Supplement

frankfink 2 / 2  
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please be harsh haha, I need to get this perfect (USC is my top school). Thanks in advance!

Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC. Please feel free to address your first- and second-choice major selections.

Whether it be the last few lines of a calculus problem or the resolving notes of a tune on the piano, I find it consistently impossible for me to leave a problem unanswered. While this has always been a driving force in my studies, I find it fairly difficult to answer a problem about which I am not interested or passionate. For this reason, I've never taken the "easy A" class or found my way through an assignment or essay with the help of anything but my own mind.

Despite the constant academic challenge I face with this approach, I've never looked back and wished I'd taken the easy way out. Moreover, I've never looked ahead and thought that the grade I would receive in the class was the only thing that would matter at the end of the year. In fact, the only way I've found improvement and success over the years is through the careful consideration of the challenges I've faced and the tasks I've failed in. Should I have the chance to attend the University of Southern California, I plan to carry with me the approach I took in my high school years. I will carry with me not only all of my successes and proud accomplishments, but all of my questions and shortcomings, as well. I will face them head-on, keep them in my mind constantly. With the help of the ardent faculty of USC and the academic opportunities both in and out of the classroom, I will continue my search for the answers in life and, more importantly, I will never stop learning.
tanner328 2 / 7  
Very nice!

I would change "I've" to "I have" in the last line of the first paragraph.

In the second paragraph, you use the phrase "carry with me" twice, and it sounds repetitive. Try to change it up a little bit.

Other than that, good voice and diction, best of luck!

Home / Undergraduate / Moving Forward by Looking Back -- USC Supplement