'Mrs. Carse is a wonderful mentor' who has made an impact on your life

candicem2012 1 / -  
I have had the luxury of meeting many great people who have influenced my life, but one woman has made the greatest impact on my life. When I first began my high school career, I was unaware of the amazing person hiding inside of me, but my cheerleading coach Jennifer Carse saw all of the potential that I possessed. Mrs. Carse is a wonderful mentor who has taught me many of life's lessons during my years as a high school student. The Major lessons she has taught me are how confidence can help achieve my goals always stand up for what I believe in, and how to handle stressful situations. With the knowledge Mrs. Carse has given me, I will be able to walk with confidence as I begin my journey into adulthood.

I did not have a lot of confidence in myself when I first met Mrs. Carse, and I believe the reason she has such a great impact on my life is simply because she has always had confidence in me, even when I did not have confidence in myself. Mrs. Carse helped me realize all of the positive characteristic I possess, and she has also helped me to create new characteristics that I would never have possessed without her. Mrs. Carse's encouragement has given me the confidence to step out of my comfort zone and accept new opportunities that present themselves to me. Whether I am in cheerleading, softball, debate, school, or any other activity I participate in, I have the confidence to know that I have the capability to be the best.

Towards the end of my junior year, Mrs. Carse taught me one the most crucial lessons I will ever learn. Mrs. Carse taught me to always stand up for what you believe in. When someone attempted to shake her from her beliefs, she firmly stood her ground with an incredible strength that I did not know she possessed. When I saw the passion Mrs. Carse had for what she believed in, I saw the type of person I wanted to become. I saw her loyalty, her passion, her strength, and her will as goals that I wanted to possess. I now have these qualities, and I could not be happier with the person I have become.

During my junior year I earned the position of co-captain, and as a senior I earned the position of Captain. While I severed in these positions, Mrs. Carse taught me how to handle extremely stressful situations quickly. With her guidance, I am now able to evaluate a situation and formulate an appropriate solution. It was a hard lesson to learn, but it will be a useful technique that I will use for the rest of my life. I will never know what life will throw at me, but because Mrs. Carse has taught me this useful life skill, I will be prepared to handle almost anything.

Mrs. Carse has helped shape me into the person I never knew I could be. Without the encouragement and guidance that she has provided, I would not have grown into the young adult that I have become. Mrs. Carse has given me strength, confidence, and preparation to pursue my dreams in life. Thanks to Mrs. Carse, I am looking forward to stepping out into the next chapter of my life.
kkelsey82 2 / 6  
Great piece of writing. I don't see anything that needs changing. Very touching piece.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Mrs. Carse is a wonderful mentor' who has made an impact on your life