MSU Biographical Statement for Graphics Design Portfolio

Llrosso89 1 / 1  
I personally find this to be a little short. I have no idea what I should add though or what I should change. Any suggestions would be a huge help! Thanks so much!

Here was from prompt: One page biographical statement that tells us who you are, how you became interested in Graphic Design, your goals for studying Graphic Design, and your goals for a career in the field.

-----------------------------------

Laura L. Rosso
Biographical Background

I was born in Monmouth County, Long Branch, New Jersey and grew up in Morris County, Randolph, New Jersey. At this time, I am a current resident in the state of Florida.

At the age of 11 years old, I was interested in art and design. I kept a small binder of pictures of character designs and concepts, and then I began creating some clothing ideas on Barbie Dolls with latex balloon fragments. Since middle school, I have been drawing all the time and have kept a sketchbook of all my ideas. High school and beyond, I have been creating a large amount of artwork, have participated in several college student art shows (Charettes), and have created graphics for local DJs and Web Designs for friends' journals. I find that art in all its forms is a source of expression, relief, and an outlet for emotions and energy.

I did not fully become interested in Graphic Arts until my second year of college when I began using Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended daily. I was originally a Photography major with a minor in Education in hopes of becoming a Photography teacher. However, my art Professors Linda Berghoff and Elizabeth Indianos as well as my Humanities Professor Mark Lulek had a great impact in my life and made me realize how very important Art is for me. After coming to this realization, I became eager to combine my love of Art with my passion for graphics programs and pursue a career in Graphics Design.

While studying Graphic Design at Montclair State University's superb Graphics Design program, I look forward to furthering my education and artistic skills. Once I receive my Bachelors of Fine Arts in Graphics design, I plan to pursue the career that has always interested me and that is working for a company like Walt Disney or a Gaming Studio like Lionhead Studios. In addition, I also plan to learn new and interesting, up-to-date techniques popular in the graphics design field to expand my knowledge of graphics design.
By the age of 11 years old eleven, I was interested in art and design.

... and then I began creating some clothing ideas on Barbie Dolls with latex balloon fragments.

Throughout high school and beyond, I have been creating a large amount of artwork, have participated in several college student art shows (Charettes), and have created graphics for local DJs, and Web Designs for friends' journals.

I find that art in all its forms is a source of expression, relief, and an outlet for emotions and energy. This is a great sentence!

I did not become fully interested in Graphic Arts until my second year of college, when I began using Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended daily.

...Mark Lulek had a great impact on my life and made me realize how very important Art is to me.

After coming to this realization, I became eager to combine my love of Art with my passion for graphics programs, and to pursue a career in Graphics Design.

Once I receive my Bachelors of Fine Arts in Graphics design, I plan to pursue the career that has always interested me, and that is to work for a company like Walt Disney or a Gaming Studio like Lionhead Studios.

Home / Undergraduate / MSU Biographical Statement for Graphics Design Portfolio