MSU- Diverse Community; I have always wanted to become a teacher

Preptimd 1 / - 1  
Any comments and help on my essay would be much appreciated!

I have always wanted to become a teacher. From the moment I was able, I began to tutor and teach at every opportunity. Before I turned 18 I earned a position as a Sunday school teacher at a local church, with many temporary teaching positions scattered throughout my schedule. For me, there is nothing more rewarding than seeing a child have a "lightbulb moment," where all of their hard work pays off and they understand the concept being taught. While teaching a last second position, I must be ready to adapt at a moment's notice; every child is different, and I have learned to immediately adjust my manner and even lesson to fit personalities. This gives me an advantage when dealing with personal conflicts; I am aware as to how to balance warring personalities. When it comes to tutoring, these skills are also helpful. The most meaningful tutoring experience I have had was when I tutored a student who began our tutoring sessions with a 52% in Spanish I. Through our work, I saw his grade improve by nearly 25% to allow him to pass his class. While this speaks of his hard work, it also proves my ability to effectively tutor and inspire achievement in my peers.

I believe my passion for learning and my dedication to reach my goals- in this case to teach children- will enrich MSU campus life greatly. My experiences teaching a variety of ages and grade levels will allow me to assist my peers on campus, as I am able to resolve personal conflicts and tutor my fellow students. My ability to continue striving for my goals ensures I will go as far as I am able in my college career, as I want to learn as much as I am able to improve my education and that I give to the children I teach. Overall, I believe my perseverance and love of learning will be greatly beneficial to MSU life, and I sincerely hope I have the opportunity to prove this.
Riley, you should delete the following paragraphs in order to create a more informative essay:

From the time I ..;

Despite my complete devotion to all things teaching..

- Those are 2 statements that belong to a different kind of essay. Not this one. To replace those lines, you should instead mention methods by which other people have benefited from your teaching skills and passion for teaching. Perhaps mention your most notable successes as a Sunday school teacher and how you think you can apply what you learned about teaching there towards the betterment of the student relationship on campus. Something about learning to deal with different personalities among children should do the trick of showing how you can help warring students balance their relationship on campus.

Home / Undergraduate / MSU- Diverse Community; I have always wanted to become a teacher