the multifaceted education delivered, Columbia Short Answer (Why CU?)

marcusballer44 1 / 1  
Hello everyone, I am struggling to answer
"What appeals most to Columbia to you and Why?" in 600 characters. I would like to say that their education in conjunction to NY yields lots of opportunities. Please review this short answer and I will be very grateful!

Thanks

When I imagine Columbia University, I don't visualize the beautiful Alma Mater or Nobel Laureates lecturing. I do not vision the research labs that split the first uranium atom or a debate team ranked 22nd in the world. I envision the long, multitude of pillars which erect the Lowe Memorial Library. Like my interests, these pillars extend to great heights and hold much weight. They resemble the strength of my ardor for debate, vigor for research, and most importantly, desire to attend Columbia University, where I may discover my passions in a lecture, and pursue them in a city such as New York.

Thank You!
cheetah777 1 / 18  
I am attracted to Columbia University due to theits multifaceted education delivered . Columbia caters impeccable resources to each of my many interests (give an example of these resources, and relate how this resource connects to your interests?. Home to a debate team ranked 22nd in the world and research labs which split the first uranium atom, each avenue of Columbia's efforts have yielded nothing but success (yes, but why do these aspects appeal to you? are you going to do research at the university or join the debate club? you should say you're interested in them if you are). Such educational quality in conjunction with a location in the heart of New York City provide limitless potential to any student. I yearn to pursue my passions both intellectually and physically and I can only do so in a city like New York and an institution like Columbia (why New York?).

I know it's hard to write so much in 600 characters, but it would be nice if you got down to the nitty gritty.
Good luck!
meu123 2 / 6  
I thought it was very well written and even though Columbia does not like to hear that you want to go there because it's in New York, I though you made it very Columbia-specific which will work to your advantage.
OP marcusballer44 1 / 1  
I took a more metaphorical approach this time:
Thoughts?
I do not envision the research labs that split the ...

I envision the long (no comma necessary) multitude of pillars which erect the Lowe Memorial Library. Like my interest in __________, these pillars extend to great heights and hold much weight. They resemble represent the strength ...

Nice, good idea! More specific examples will make it better.

Home / Undergraduate / the multifaceted education delivered, Columbia Short Answer (Why CU?)