Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

a multitude of unforgettable memories - common application essay

thebobert 1 / -  
Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.

I wrote about a significant experience.

This past year I have experienced a multitude of unforgettable memories. Time has been slow and haunting as if it was trying to make room for my tales to unravel. Of all the time-escaping moments the one that protrudes in my mind and life the most is the four day voyage of music, art, and camping. This music and arts festival was Bonnaroo and it changed my life.

In early March of 2008 I went to my first music festival which was Langeradoo located in Big Cypress Reserve of Southern Florida. This was just a appetizer for what was to come. After Langerado I fell in love with the music festival experience, and a fellow Langerado enthusiast told me about Bonnaroo. I had to go to. I planned my trip quick for Bonnaroo was to start in the beginning of July.

The plan was set, bags were packed, ticket was in hand, and it had begun. The trip up to the festival grounds in Tennessee was without incident, except for the four hour bumper to bumper line leading into the campgrounds. When we finally arrived what laid before me was awe inspiring, nearly sixty-thousand tents, six stages, and over eighty-thousand music lovers encompassing the seven hundred acre grounds, all motioned in perfect harmony. We set up camp and made our way towards the stages to experience the first act.

The festival grounds was populated with people from a world unknown to me. It seemed as if every culture was represented in this one spot, and everyone showed nothing but kindness. That was the most profound thing I observed, that during those four never-ending days I heard not one word of discomfort or dislike. People were falling over each other, bumping through the crowd around the stage, but everyone was passive, even the metal heads waiting to see Metallica.

The peaceful nature of the diversity made me realize that the world can be without conflict or aggression. Realized that you can get away from the world and its hardships if just for one weekend. Those four days will always be the memories I strive to recapture. Now I no longer wonder what mankind can create other than destruction. Bonnaroo has told me of our capabilities, we just need to find the right beat.

Any notes would help... Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / a multitude of unforgettable memories - common application essay