Music and the Media Arts - Essay For The Art Institute

keisha1017 1 / 1  
I am applying to the Art Institute and I wanted to make sure my essay was good so please edit anything you think will help my essay.

Essay Question: HOW DO YOU EXPECT YOUR EDUCATION AT THE ART INSTITUTE TO HELP YOU ATTAIN YOUR CAREER GOAL?
(please correct punctuation or grammar if needed)

My essay so far,

Music has always been a part of my life. I remember when I was seven and I first sang to my cousins at a family cookout. I remember them cheering me on as I sang "scrubs" by TLC. I also remember when I first learned how to play the Congas and I haven't stopped playing them since. In the audio production program I know I will learn how to mix, record, edit, and master audio. These four things are exactly what I need to learn to become successful in my desired career.

My career goals are to become a music producer and to work at a major recording studio. The Art Institute of Washington (Arlington, VA) will help me to gain experience because I will be working hands on in a studio. The Art institute will also help me by improving my creative side in music.

The Art Institute I believe is a compatible school for me and I understand that after I finish the media arts courses I will have learned many things not just for producing music, but for producing sound for television, web, and for movies as well. The Art Institute will help me to attain my career goals because it is a career building school and it will provide me with the things I need to succeed in any career I want to do.
are to become a music producer and to work at a major recording studio

This is not sufficient.

If you want success, Lakeisha, you have to set 5-10 short term goals, with deadlines for yourself, and you have to envision the reality you're trying to create. If you just say you want to work at a major studio, it means you are not actually strategizing. --Is that even a real word? Strategizing...

You need to make a plan
the things I need to succeed in any career I want to do.
It's okay if the plan changes, but make one right now, and act.
:-)
OP keisha1017 1 / 1  
EF Kevin

So your saying that I should write down how I envision my goals and how I am planing to get them in the essay.
Yes! :-) Any 10 year-old can say, "I want to be a cop," or "I want to be a music producer."

You have to use this opportunity to show that you have been reading enough books and sitting in contemplation long enough to have formed some short term goals. And have you set some deadlines for yourself? And what goal are you in the process of achieving right now?

Some people are active, and others are passive.

Home / Undergraduate / Music and the Media Arts - Essay For The Art Institute