Music and musical diversity; NYU "Academic Interests"

shreebaby 3 / 4 1  
PROMPT: NYU's global network provides students with hundreds of academic areas of interest for students to cultivate their intellectual curiosity and to help achieve their career goals. Whether you are entirely undecided about your academic plans or you have a definitive program of study in mind, what are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses.

I took my first dance class at the age of five. I had picked up my first musical instrument in the fourth grade: the recorder. Two years later, I was given the ability to join the orchestra program at my middle school, and I quickly jumped on that bandwagon, choosing to play the violin. To my parents, these we all tools to harass them day in and day out. To me, they were a means of using my imagination to create something meaningful: music. Ever since those early days, music has always been part of my life.

Music has become the means by which I express myself. I believe that music, much like art, affects people in different ways. It is for this reason I dance to, listen to, and play music, for the various interpretations of music that can be made. This is why I choose to minor in music at NYU. The Department of Music is held in the highest regard, and it would be an honor to continue my education in a program with such high status. The program can offer me insight and give me the opportunity to divulge myself into both classical and contemporary music, and I am fully willing to fulfill my ambition in decoding the meaning to the music that I hear. I want to experience as much musical diversity and influence as possible, something I feel I can't experience at any other school. Music is my passion, and I believe that NYU is the place to let that passion flourish.
mnunez1107 - / 6 2  
I wouldnt talk about the past. Focus on what you will do specifically at NYU.

Home / Undergraduate / Music and musical diversity; NYU "Academic Interests"