"Music Technology" - DUQUESNE COLLEGE ESSAY!!

Ziggyiggy 1 / -  
This is my essay, its above the 300 word mark but im not sure if it still has everything i need. Feel free to revise anything.

Ever since I was a small child growing up in Ypsilanti Michigan, one of the many things that was constant in my life was the sound of music flowing through my ears and through my mind. I grew up listening to not just jazz, although one of my favorite genres, but also a blend of reggae, rock, and many other types of music. Throughout my life I began to embrace the art of music and picked up an alto saxophone for the first time in 4th grade. Although I struggled at first I began to understand and I became better at it. I was doing a paper in which I put in a quote that states "Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and remains silent." I believe that music has the true ability to instill their emotions in their music no matter what genre. I am an easy-going person who likes to take things one step at a time. I'm the kind of person who plans 1000 steps ahead before taking the first one. I am a person who loves and cherishes his family because they will always be there. I am Christian and also volunteer with in church activities. I had gotten several recommendations that Duquesne University had one of the best music programs in the area and I would like to learn from the best. I am not sure of the career path I wish to take but I believe it can be found in Music Technology. Because of this I wish to attend Duquesne University and major in music technology. I began preparing for this major by taking music classes, music theory classes, and music technology classes in my school. I gathered from your website that you have newly expanded facilities that could help the student better than a "textbook education" which I believe is very necessary. I also noticed that the projects and professors provide a "Real-world" experience that can hone skills and prepare students for future careers.
Ever since I was a small child growing up in Ypsilanti Michigan, one of the many things that was constant in my life, was the sound of music flowing through my ears and through my mind.===Great opening sentence!

I grew up listening to not only jazz, although one of my favorite genres, but also a blend of reggae, rock, and many other types of music.

Early in my life I began to embrace the art of music and picked up an alto saxophone for the first time in 4th grade.

Although I struggled at first, I began to understand and I became better at it.

I believe that music has the true ability to instill our emotions in the music no matter what genre.

I am Christian and also volunteer with in church activities.

I've gotten several recommendations that Duquesne University had one of the best music programs in the area and I would like to learn from the best.

I am not sure of the career path I wish to take, but I believe it can be found in Music Technology.

Because of this, I wish to attend Duquesne University and major in music technology.

You essay is fine and the whole last paragraph is absolutely great! Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / "Music Technology" - DUQUESNE COLLEGE ESSAY!!