'music being transmitted through me' - UVA favorite place to get lost

LINDSTOPP 1 / -  
Vibrations pump throughout my head, melodies trigger emotions, and I become lost in between a set of headphones. The first notes hit my eardrums and I am captivated. My attention does not stray from the delicate music being transmitted through me. The music screams so loud to me, yet the world is quiet. I feel the music flow through my body and I cannot escape the ecstasy. This is the exact place I desire to be lost.

The headphones allow me to separate myself from all surroundings, while the music allows for my mind to unravel in an unknown world. No thoughts are present; it becomes just an endless space. Whether the music is slow or fast, loud or soft, I am lost exactly where I want to be. The slow, soft music gently nurses my body, whereas the loud, fast music excites me. Nothing can reach me when I am in between my headphones.

This is just a draft! I have writer's block and need feedback! Thank you! :)
DMA17 8 / 31  
funny enough I was listening to music while i read your essay. My first impression: its really good. I'm no expert but I really liked your essay. I don't know why, maybe its because I wrote something similar to it for one of my colleges lol .

This is my suggestion, for your intro:
Vibrations pump throughoutSounds reverberate in my head, melodies trigger emotions, and I become lost between my headphones.

This line "The music screams so loud to me, yet the world is quiet" sounds weird to me. I don't know if you were trying to sound poetic or not but it comes off a bit weird. I get what you are trying to say, its just that the phrasing is a bit off.

I'm not sure how i feel about the word ecstasy in the essay especially since you go on to say that's exactly where you want to be in. Try substituting it with thrill.

I like the last paragraph, however I would omit Whether the music is slow or fast, loud or soft, I am lost exactly where I want to be.

again these are only my suggestions. I hope I was of some help.

Good Luck!

Home / Undergraduate / 'music being transmitted through me' - UVA favorite place to get lost