Essay about myself. What is the order to follow in writing this?

Toyosi 1 / -  
I am to write an essay about myself...please help me. I would like to know the order to follow in writing this kind of essay, for example, name, age, family etc. I am to submit this assignment tomorrow. I just came about this website and registered.

How pleasing it is to write this autobiography. It is like a journey along memory lane.

My name is Aki. I am seventeen years old. I live with my parents in Lagos, Nigeria. I am about five feet tall, petite, I have a small pointed nose and a long, black hair adorning my beautiful, dark skin. My best food is Indomie Noodles and my best colour is sky blue. I come from a christian family. I am the second child of my parents six children. I have an elder sisters; elder brothers, and junior brothers. My parents are good. I am a young, Yoruba girl, who loves her culture. I come from Ondo state "The Sunshine State" precisely from Ijare. I speak English and ondo. I attended Miracles, Nursery school and then I did my primary and secondary school education at Ebutte-Metta and College, Lagos respectively. I have been admitted as a Diploma student of Mass Communication at the university of lagos.

My hobbies are singing ( though I would not qualify for the West African Idols), dancing, kniting, swimming etc. I have great interest for modeling and traveling. I have a bold, daring, outgoing and down to earth personality. I drain my strength and charisma from God. Every human being has at least one bad habit, mine is biting my nails. I abhor rumors, pretence, laziness and untidiness. I love peace makers, friendly, caring, loving and polite people.

(i dont know how to continue)
This is very nice! I think you should give less physical description, and less details. For example, you do not need to tell your favorite color and food. It is only helpful to tell impressive tings.

SO... think about your PURPOSE for writing this essay... is it to create a certain feeling for the reader? Is it to convey a theme that is like your personal theme? If so, explain your real meaning and make the whole essay all about that central idea.

At the start, tell what is most important. Then explain it. At the end, reflect on it again! :)
chewyy123 2 / 4  
Instead of listing everything about yourself, take a few and describe it with more details. This essay so far is very general.
jbonnell 1 / 2  
writing about yourself can take alot of reflection, it is a difficult task, take your time with it and you will do fine.
brianw 2 / 3  
i find it easiest to write about me through the eyes of someone else. As them to describe you in specific ways - you may find yourself to be different than what you thought.
neil098 3 / 8  
Try and think about what makes you unique. Also, think about your favorites (favorite subject in school, TV show, etc) and your likes/dislikes. You can even try asking other people about what they think of you.
chaotic_kiddo 2 / 6  
A suggestion, I like your descriptions a lot! I think you should focus on your character though as well!

Home / Undergraduate / Essay about myself. What is the order to follow in writing this?