About myself and undergraduate studies (a stable and challenging career)

Masenziee 1 / -  
Title: About myself and undergraduate studies

My name is Senzile Guliwe. It took 25yrs to create who I am today. Within those years, I have been given the freedom to explore the world in order to satisfy my curiosity towards all the strange and incredible things in the worlds around me. However, regardless the degree of significance, things that happened all contributed to shape the person that I am now.

I am an interesting, hard working, fun loving woman with a good sense of humour an ambitious to learn. One thing about me that is important to know though is that at first I come of as a very shy individualistic woman but once I get to know people and are comfortable with my environment I am great.

My background is little bit complicated. My mother is Sotho and my father is the Zulu when I was younger I stayed with mother when I was younger at free states Provinces(FS) and I started my primary school at FS from Grade 1-6 doing Sotho as my 1st language. When I finished my Grade 6, we moved to from FS to Newcastle at KwaZulu Natal (KZN) because my mother was married to my father. I was forced to do chemistry as the 1st language from Grade 7-12. I had changed from Sotho to IsiZulu. After all the hardship I went through, success was finally shown in my results. I was learning with the tremendous speed. My teacher said I am bestowed with the fast learner and to keep up the good work.

I grew up in the healthy family but not rich. I had the 2 younger sisters and one brother. I am the oldest at home. I learnt something from my father He always said that "He would not educacted female with his money". After I finished my matric, my father was working for the highly respected company. Through all the hard times I had, I fought with my mother for me to study at the University by using a Loan for my study. He taught me that, if I want to be successful in life I have to stand up and fight for it.

At the University, when I finished my matric my first choice was BSC Chemistry and it was full. I did my second choice of which it was psychology. I did it only one year and I applied for Chemistry and I was accepted. I saw that, I am not belonging on that field of study because physical science and mathematics were not there of which there were my favourite subject at school. It was too much of history. I finished my undergraduate in chemistry 2007. In April 2008- March 2009, I was an educator and I was teaching Mathematics, Physical science and Mathematical literacy in Grade 10-12. In April 2009, I did my NRF/DST internship to at CSIR in Pretoria. When I got this opportunity to further my study and I resigned from my internship to do my Honours at Rhodes University. I got the scholarship of which I never had one before.

After I complete my honours degree, I will have the opportunity to obtain a stable and challenging career. I know that the road ahead will not be easy for me, but I cannot stop here. I need to move on in order to reach my goal and my goal is to be a PhD in Chemistry. I will make sure my goal success. And my success in the future lies in my hands. Within these years of learning I could either vent my anger or express my happiness through the key on my studies. I was lucky to have such good father who made me thought about other things or solution to my problem which made me successes.
It took 25 years to create who I am today.

Within those years, I have been given enjoyed the freedom to explore the world in order to and satisfy my curiosity towards about all the strange and incredible things in the worlds around me.

I grew up in the healthy family but not rich. I had the 2 younger sisters and one brother. I am the oldest at home. I learnt something from my father. He always said he would not "educated female with his money." --- what does this part mean? You have to use another sentence to explain it, and you have to revise this. Is it supposed to say this?----> He always said he would not educate a (female??) with his money.

I am confused about that part.

The conclusion is SO great!
chat 2 / 3  
1. I don't think you need to state your name again in the essay.
2. The second paragraph, esp the beginning sentence may be too general. I don't know if it'll be better if you narrow it down and describe a little more

Home / Undergraduate / About myself and undergraduate studies (a stable and challenging career)