"Namaste!" - Stanford : room mate essay

witty_bugs 2 / 5  
Virtually all of Stanford's undergraduates live on campus. Write a note to your future roommate that reveals something about you or that will help your roommate - and us - know you better.

Namaste!
"Anyone living with you will have Peggy Sue and the Walrus disturbing them even in their dreams!" - This was my sister's frequent jibe for my (as I like to call it) passion.I'm nearly always on my keyboard playing songs by Buddy Holly,the Beatles and the like.So much so,that when I even played my own composition,my sister presumed and accused me of playing the Beatles.

Apart from these "sounds" that I "emanate",I'm normally a very quiet person. It is partly because I just keep thinking a lot. I can sit for hours together just thinking, and end up getting exhausted! But otherwise, I love indulging in deep, nerve-wracking, debatable conversations. I love analyzing things to detail. I can almost do a post-mortem of the simplest subject. Some people think I don't like talking but that is only because at times I'm too lazy to delve into the minute details I want to put forward.

Yes,that's right. I do get fairly lazy at times. I'm quite a random person that way. When I have to work hard, I put in all my energies and work exhaustively to such an extent that I turn extremely lazy for nearly the whole of the next week.

I also have a fetish for fusion of cultures in all forms. A lot of people have tagged me weird for this reason, but I cant help combining Indian pickle with Italian pizza. And therefore, even in the book that I'm working on, I've attempted fusion.

I don't like fighting with people, but I do enjoy a healthy argument. In fact, looking back on the conversations I've had in the past ten days, I think most of them have been quirky banters! I think a healthy banter is quite necessary for me actually.It gives me the opportunity to discover new ideas that support my beliefs and strengthen my wit. So if we do get into a loggerheads situation, don't worry, I'm only doing it for fun!
xblo0x 6 / 8  
I'm nearly always on my keyboard playing songs by Buddy Holly and the Beatles. and the like.So much so,that when I even played my own composition,my sister presumed and accused me of playing the Beatles.I like them so much that even when I play my own compositions my sister presumes and accuses me of playing the Beatles(this doesnt make sense though)

It is partly because I just keep thinking a lotam a deep thinker .

When I have to work hard, I put in all my energiesenergy and work exhaustively to such an extent that I turn extremely lazy for nearly the whole of the next week. You should leave your laziness out... Its not appealing

I also have a fetish for fusion of cultures in all forms.
And therefore, even in the book that I'm working on, I've attempted fusion. Explain... what book?

Be careful of spacing! In every instance you have forgot to include spaces after punctuation. Also, your essay is contradictory at some parts, and becomes confusing. You should explain some details more (the book) Put some more work into your essay so it flows together instead of just one thought after another.
...and the like -- so much that when I even when I played my ...

I also have a fetish passion for fusion of cultures in all forms.

This essay expresses great personality. Hey, I like the advice Monal gave about mentioning what the book is about. That is cool, because in just a word or two you can add that detail and explain the significance/relevance of that book's theme to the theme of this essay.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / "Namaste!" - Stanford : room mate essay