NATURE TRAIL; Environment where I am content

dooleyc 1 / -  
Describe a place or environment where you are perfectly content. What do you do or experience there, and why is it meaningful to you?

The trees are full and are made up of luscious green leaves. Petite flowers and mushrooms sprout under the foot of the enormous trees. When you move down the gravel path you can hear the birds swooping overhead and chirping merrily, the wind rustling the leaves, and the squirrels rushing up the base of the trees. You can also hear the faint sound of a bubbling creak nearby. In my mind, this nature trail brings me so much peace and tranquility that no other place on Earth could even come close to replicating.

When I was a small boy my mother used to bring my brother and I down to trail. Once we hopped out of the car we were amazed how vast this nature trail was. My brother and I would race up and down the gravel road until our legs couldn't take it anymore. We would also compete to see who could make it to the top the tree first. Soon our mother would call and, we would enjoy a picnic under a shaded tree. Even as I grew older I would travel back to the nature trail with mother and we would walk and drink in the beautiful scenery. By the time, we finished the trail we had shared belly aching laughs, swapped personal stories, and discussed any problems we faced in our daily lives.

When my mother passed away it was very difficult for me to cope with the emotional loss of losing a loved one, but that nature trail was the one place that helped me get through that turbulent time in my life.

As I traveled down the trail a couple days after my mother's death. A sense of calm washed over me and it gave me a chance to reflect on the great memories I shared with my family in this wonderful place. One thing that stood out in my mind is that you really have to cherish the moments you spend with your loved ones. They won't be around forever to guide you through the challenges that come with everyday life.
carolinemm 1 / 8 1  
I think your descriptions are very good! Instead of "the enormous trees" in the second sentence, I would say something like "these light-filtering giants" or "these towering giants". Also, the more little details as you can put in about your experiences there the better- it gives your reader and clearer picture of why this place is so meaningful to you, as well as what you find meaningful.
I think you are on the right track and you have answered the prompt right.

Also, the more little details as you can put in about your experiences there the better

yes.... this may add more creativity to your writing to make it some more interesting. However, as it is , this is a good response and you tell the reader why you become contented in that place and why you find it is meaningful to you.

Good job! :)

Home / Undergraduate / NATURE TRAIL; Environment where I am content