"The necessary knowledge and research" - Why Yale plus short answers.

vladic007 9 / 22  
Good time of the day dear readers.
What in particular about Yale has influenced your decision to apply? Please limit your response to the space provided.(500 Characters max.)

I choose Yale because it provides all the necessary knowledge and research opportunities in order to major in electrical engineering. In plus at Yale I can receive a minor in political sciences and, since politics and debates are tight together, debate in Yale's Debating Association. I see Yale as a multicultural mix, where I will have the possibility of meeting people from different corners of the world, who the same will have the appetite of finding out something new about other cultures.

1) What would you do with a free afternoon tomorrow?
I would go to the swimming pool in order to exercise and in the same time to relax while swimming through the clear blue water.

2) Recall a compliment you received that you especially value. What was it? From whom did it come?
"Vlad I always knew that you are from another planet, but now I am 100% sure that you are from another galaxy!" Came from my best friend, after one of my jokes.

3)If you could witness one moment in history, what would it be and why?
I would visit the moment when Caesar crossed the Rubicone in order to witness how a person makes the biggest decision in his life and which will inscribe him in the history.

4) What do you wish you were better at being or doing?
I wish I was better at dancing waltz and other classical dances.

5) If you were choosing students to form a Yale class, what question would you ask here that we have not?
What is the best way to relax after school, university of work?

Basically this is it.
Any suggestions, ideas, errors? Anything?
Please respond.

P.S. I would appreciate if after reading this you would read some other threads of mine.
If there will be a necessity to read your essay please, put the link in the same message with the review.
OP vladic007 9 / 22  
I would like to add one more essay. The last one from the supplement.

If you selected one of the engineering majors, please write a brief third essay telling us what has led you to an interest in this field of study, what experiences (if any) you have had in engineering, and what it is about Yale's engineering program that appeals to you.

I remember the day when my mother first bought a computer. She used the computer only for work; because of this I had little access to it. But when the time would come for me to sit at the computer, I would explore it in any way I could. I was so interested it the computer that I just kept asking everyone questions about it, just like Einstein when he was a little boy and his father showed him a pocket compass and he got interested why the needle was moving despite the apparent "empty space", but I couldn't receive the answers from any one. During the following years I tried to read as much as I can about computers. Every day I read new reviews of different motherboards, CPUs and hard disk drives. With years my interest overflew to other electrical devices. I passed the Cisco Networking Associate course in order to know the structure and the hardware of the local area network. I worked at a computer selling center, repairing and building new computers. I have tried to do different experiments with any type of hardware I could find. The only thing I haven't done is designed and built my own hardware. This is the reason why I want to apply for electrical engineering. I want to work with electronics, microelectronics and to research in nanotechnologies. Yale's electrical engineering program provides me a chance to study in each of these fields and fulfill my interest.

Hoping for critical thoughts and ideas.
Anticipated "Thank you!".
fsaleh2011 2 / 3  
I like your engineering essay. Not only does it affirm your skill with computers and your experience with them, but it also makes you more desirable in the eyes of an admission officer. Nice job!
iceui2 - / 70  
But why Yale? Schools like MIT & Berkeley also have a great EE program where you can work in electronics, microelectronics, and nanotechnologies. What's so special about Yale?
OP vladic007 9 / 22  
The thing is that Yale is my top priority university. I am applying to MIT the same. But Yale for me is like the best place where to study. My cousing graduated Yale, and all those years of college he lets say brainwashed me. :-)

Home / Undergraduate / "The necessary knowledge and research" - Why Yale plus short answers.