Nepal -- small land lock country, Tufts supp-

dark horse 4 / 7  
Describe the environment in which you were raised--your family,home,neighbour or community-- and how it infulenced the person you are today.(200 words)

The country I come from is a small land lock country, Nepal; most of the people are unaware about its existence. The community where I come from is petite and conventional. And being born as a single girl child is like being filled with expectations and restrictions. Every time, there is a struggle to get the best and to be the best. With so many pairs of eyes and ears waiting for my class results, whether I score high or degrade, were definitely a nervous and anxious moment. However, with the speed of time, this only made me stronger and ambitious. Every time, I came first in my class or got a gold medal in athletics, there was no turning back. It made me desire for more. However, when ever I failed or was rejected, I used to go to the toilet and cry for an hour or more. After that, I used to wipe my tears, wash my face with cold water, and get ready for another beginning, another challenge. After all there was no turning back
hzia2002 2 / 7  
However, with the speed of time

it should be with the passage of time.

And being born as a single girl child is like being filled with expectations and restrictions

sentence is awkward. presently cant think of any way to improve it.

With so many pairs of eyes and ears waiting for my class results, whether I score high or degrade, were definitely a nervous and anxious moment

even more awkward than the first one. One possible way to rephrase it.
with a lot of people interested in my class results, I was definitely nervous whenever they came around.
rivan122 - / 1  
Hey, I'm from Nepal too. Nice to know there are still other Nepalis venturing out to the world. Anyways, where are you in nepal?
Asnika, I had to delete a lot of responses you gave people, because they didn't provide and ideas or useful feedback. Please spend a little more time helping people to improve their writing!

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Nepal -- small land lock country, Tufts supp-