New and different experience; Why the summer challenge at boston university?

deepika1996 1 / 1  
The Cambridge dictionary defines a challenge as something needing great mental or physical effort in order to be done successfully and which therefore tests a person's ability and that, is exactly what the Summer Challenge program at Boston University does. This program not only tests our ability but also helps us explore what college life has to offer us.

Boston University being one of the most distinguished and reputed school in the country has been time and again catching my attention. Ever since I decided to go to college in the United States of America I knew that this was the place for me. And, when I heard about the Summer Challenge I just knew that this was something I couldn't miss. This program equipped with its seminars, lectures and field trips ensures to stimulate our brains as well as encourage us to try new things while getting a taste of college life. This program will help me enhance my thinking skills and perhaps getting over the nervousness faced by me about being away from my family.

Going through the seminar choices I am not able to choose what interests me the most. My heart leans towards abnormal psychology but my brain is more inclined towards business from the ground up. Being in India where we do not have the freedom to try different fields before choosing what we are interested in. But, am sure that by the end of the program I will be much more certain about what I want to study. With an increase in the competition around the world, much of the joy of learning something new has been drained out with grades and class ranks. In this program we can actually enjoy the process of learning without being worried about exams or tests. No pressure, no expectations only the fun of learning.

I look forward to this experience greatly as this is something completely new and different from what I'm used to doing. Also the thought of staying on campus and living like a college student for two weeks excites me. Being in contact with people around the world will educate me in a way nothing else can. There is a saying in Sanskrit that says a student learns 25% of his education from teachers, 25% from their fellow students, 25% by studying on his own and 25% through experiences. Through this program I will be able to do all of that in just a span of 2 weeks.

This essay is supposed to show you why I chose this program at BU.I do hope that, that is exactly what it did. This is the sort of thing, which one will remember forever. In fact ever since I got to know about this, it has been pretty much the only thing on my mind.So I hope it does happen.
racoon - / 2  
This program equipped with itsincluding seminars, lectures and field trips ensures to stimulate our brains as well as encourage us to try new things while getting a taste of college life.

This program will help me enhance my thinking skills and besidesperhaps getting over the nervousness I might facefaced by me about being away from my family.

probably better: Looking throughGoing through its the seminar choices I cannot choose what interests me the most.

Being in India where we do not have the freedom to try different fields before choosing what we are interested in.

Being in India where we people do not have the freedom to try various fields before choosing what they are interested in ?want to do in their lives ?.

I think you should take 'being' away, as to use it you need a subject. But this means you should come up with the idea how to insert the sentence into the context.

But, I am sure that by the end of the program I will have been much more certain about what I want to study.

With an increase in the competition around the world, much of the joy of learning something new has been drained out with grades and class ranks. In this program we can actually enjoy the process of learning without being worried about exams or tests. No pressure, no expectations only the fun of learning.

I really liked this your statement.

I look forward to this experience greatly as thisit is something completely new and different from what I'm used to doing .

In my opinion you don't need 'greatly' as it is already implied in the phrase 'look forward to'

Being in contact with people around the worldfrom all over the world will educate me in a way nothing else can.

There is a saying in Sanskrit that says a student learns 25% of his education from teachers, 25% from their fellow students, 25% by studying on his own and 25% through experiences. Through this program I will be able to do all of that in just a span of 2 weeks.

Liked this part as well. But 'saying says' doesn't sound good to me, probably 'saying which states'

I do hope that, that is exactly what it did.

I think you should omit this sentence, from my point of view it doesn't really fit

In fact ever since I got to know about thisthe program , participating in it has become pretty much the only thing on my mind.So I hope it does happen. ?I will have chance to take the given opportunity ?

Overall, I liked your essay, good structure, I hope I didn't miss anything

Good luck!!!
OP deepika1996 1 / 1  
thanx!
I have edited my essay and this is what i came up with.

Boston University being one of the most distinguished and reputed school in the country has been time and again catching my attention. Ever since I decided to go to college in the United States of America I knew that this was the place for me. And, when I heard about the Summer Challenge I just knew that this was something I couldn't miss. This program including seminars, lectures and field trips ensures to stimulate our brains as well as encourage us to try new things while getting a taste of college life. This program will help me enhance my thinking skills and besides the nervousness I might face being away from my family.

Looking through the seminar choices I am cannot choose what interests me the most. While my heart leans towards abnormal psychology, my brain is more inclined towards business from the ground up. In India people do not have freedom to try various fields before choosing what they want to do in their lives and this is something that completely amazes me.But,I am sure that by the end of the program I will have be much more certain about what I want to study. With an increase in the competition around the world, much of the joy of learning something new, has been drained out with grades and class ranks. In this program we can actually enjoy the process of learning without being worried about exams or tests. No pressure, no expectations only the fun of learning.

I look forward to this experience as it is something completely new and different from what I'm used to. Also the thought of staying on campus and living like a college student for two weeks excites me. Being in contact with people from all around the world will educate me in a way nothing else can. There is a saying in Sanskrit that states a student learns 25% of his education from teachers, 25% from their fellow students, 25% by studying on his own and 25% through experiences. Through this program I will be able to do all of that in just a span of 2 weeks.

This essay is supposed to show you why I chose this program at BU.I do hope that, that is exactly what it did. This is the sort of thing, which one will remember forever. In fact ever since I got to know about this, it has been pretty much the only thing on my mind. So I hope it does happen. To quote Dianne King "Dreams are like stars...they seem abstract because we can't touch them, but like sailors who use the stars to navigate the vastness of the ocean, we can use our dreams to chart our course to our particular destiny."Thus my dream, my vision is my star.
racoon - / 2  
This program will help me enhance my thinking skills and besides get over the nervousness I might face being away from my family.

Looking through the seminar choices I am cannot choose what interests me the most.

In India people do not have freedom to try various fields before choosing what they want to do in their lives and this is something that amazes me completely .

But,I am sure that by the end of the program I will have been much more certain about what I want to study.

With an increase in the competition around the world, much of the joy of learning

Being in contact with people from all over the world

'around the world' is a different collocation, we use it for example in the meaning 'to travel around the world'

here is a saying in Sanskrit which states that a student learns 25% of his education from teachers, 25% from their fellow students, 25% by studying on his own and 25% through experiences.

this time only grammar

Home / Undergraduate / New and different experience; Why the summer challenge at boston university?