New Rochelle Youth Council; Common app / Extracurricular Activity

mjaayp 3 / 4  
Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences in the space below (1000 character maximum).
It is true that helping someone makes you feel a "helpers high." Helping people out and giving back to my community has always been important to me. In ninth grade I joined the New Rochelle Youth Council, an organization which provides service to society. Our intergenerational events, Senior Citizen Prom and "Give-A-Gift" are my favorite. These events give me the helpers high most people long for. For example, the event "Give-A-Gift" is a holiday program we host which provides holiday cheer to many less affluent families in New Rochelle. Seeing a smile on a child's face as I hand them their bag full of gifts makes me happy to know that I can make a difference in their Christmas. In addition, the Senior Citizen is an event where we collaborate with the Office of Aging in New Rochelle, to give the senior citizens an evening of fun. Along with dancing to music and crowning a king and queen, the youth get to interact with the seniors and learn a lot about them. The endless effort of the New Rochelle Youth Council, reaching out to the community to help, has given me amazing helper's highs. This organization has allowed me to produce positive relationships among many caring adults. Lastly this organization helped me branch out in the community and allowed me grow as a person.
Here's some help with your word count'

Helping people out and giving back to my community has always been important to me.

Helping others and giving back to my community always made me happy.

. In ninth grade I joined the New Rochelle Youth Council, an organization which provides service to society.

In the ninth grade I joined the New Rochelle Youth Council,, a charity organization.

. Our intergenerational events, Senior Citizen Prom and "Give-A-Gift" are my favorite. These events give me the helpers high most people long for.

.... I feel you better say it is the helpers high you long for.
Our intergenerational events,Senior Citizen Prom and "Give-A-Gift", give me the helpers high I always long for.

Home / Undergraduate / New Rochelle Youth Council; Common app / Extracurricular Activity