New SAIC essay now that it is on track, last advice needed.

adelewu 5 / 4  
A picture says a thousand words.
It is my goal to study an undergraduate degree in Visual Communication at the School of art Institute of Chicago. Not only can Visual Communication help me transcend my artistic qualities into society by designing books, posters, product oackages, environments, spaces, websites and other multimedia with visual languages, but also help me communicate efficiently and fluently with it by using gears such as imagery from digital or non digital sources, typography, digital or non digital tools.

The reason I aim toward my education here is because School of Art Institute of Chicago is a well established art school. Well known for the innovative and visionary concepts that are credential to any artist, it provides the background and foundation for my growth as a visual artist and a designer. closely connected to the American Institute of Graphic Arts, the Visual Communication department in the School of Art institute of Chicago is interacts with nation wide recognized designers who can be very helpful for workshops, critiques, classes etc. The multicultural background of the up-to-the-minute city Chicago is also the perfect nest for developing inspirations and ideas. It is the center of contemporary design with its fast developing technology and close connection to the rest of the globe.

I had always been a passionate drawer and painter. My fondness toward visual art made me sensitive and attached to the arts around my surroundings: advertisements, product packaging, posters, people's expressions, conversations and much more. Art has always been a part of me.

The Claude Watson Arts program of Earl Haig Secondary school opened my eyes. After enrolled in its visual art program, I was introduced to contemporary conceptual art. Although our teachers acknowledge traditional art qualities such as painting and drawings, they were very concerned with ideas and theory. They taught me how to get inspirations from our lives and use it in our art works. I was encouraged to think creatively and differently, to wonders about the possibilities. After learning with such influential and innovative teachers, I decide to combine my way of thinking and ideas with my artistic skills and to use them in the world of today.

To further pursue my dream, in grade eleven I took the Computer Graphic course in our high school. I was very lucky to be taught with a former Graphic designer who has worked in the visual communication industry. Introduced to the principles of design such as typography, alignment, proximity, colours etc, I was challenged. Every assignment was like a quest, where I find my way to be artistic and creative (playing with words, composition etc.) yet still follows the rules. As I complete my "quests" through out the year, I become more experienced in the language of visual art.

The world is changing constantly. I hope to acquire the newest ideas and concepts as well as technological and traditional skills in the School of the art institute of Chicago. I believe I can communicate visually with my ideas and eyes of an artist by completing my study and training in the Visual Communication program; Speak fluently in the language of art; and bridge the connection between art and the society.

This site has been a lot of help,thank you essay forums!
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon :)

As you didn't include the prompt for this piece, I have edited your first paragraph only for mechanics and grammar:

"A picture says a thousand words.
It is my goal to study an undergraduate degree in Visual CommunicationThese aren't proper nouns, and shouldn't be capitalized. at the School of A rt Institute of Chicago. Not only can Visual Communication help me transcend my artistic qualities into society by designing books, posters, product packages , environments, spaces, websites, and other multimedia with visual languages, it can also help me communicate efficiently and fluently by using gears such as imagery from digital or non digital sources, typography, and digital as well as non digital tools."

Using my corrections and suggestions above, carefully read through the rest of your piece and look for other instances that should be changed.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Undergraduate / New SAIC essay now that it is on track, last advice needed.