New York Short Answers (family characteristic, new event, talent show song)

chickpig 9 / 26  
Hi,

Please feel free to comment. Sorry to trouble you. This is the second last of my college essays. Thank you!

Describe a trait or characteristic that has been passed along to you by your family. Tell us why you like or dislike this aspect of yourself.

I dislike the fact that I have inherited the "short" genes that my family has passed on to me. At 1.68m, many people have teased me for being a short guy. Being short is a disadvantage in certain aspects of life, whether in sports or in presence. However, I take comfort in the fact that I am judged more by my character than my physical appearance. Isn't China's historic leader Deng Xiaoping short as well? If he can prominently bring positive change to people, I can do so as well.

(484 out of 500 allowed characters)

New York City is an essential element of academic and cultural life at NYU. If you could engage in an activity or start a club or service organization at NYU, what would it be and how would you envision it impacting the larger community?

Having done so successfully for my community, I would like to organise a large-scale community service road show festival for the benefit of NYC. It would be a public event held in the centre of NYC with more than 50 participating Non-governmental Organisations. The event would help these needy organisations raise awareness for their causes and would serve as an opportunity for the people of NYC to understand the disadvantaged and take action by volunteering with their preferred organisation.

(497 out of 500 characters)

You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why?

Where Is The Love by Black Eyed Peas. I feel that the lyrics of this song reflect the harsh reality of life. I would sing this song to advocate for and spread the message of peace and equality globally. Like the BEP, I believe that there are many things fundamentally wrong in our world and that positive change is necessary to make the world a better place. Hopefully, with the catchy tune of this song, I would remind people to urgently address the issues mentioned in the song.

(480 out of 500 allowed characters)

Please tell us what led you to select your anticipated academic program and/or NYU school/college, and what interests you most about your intended discipline.

My love for economics developed from my first contact with the subject in Junior College. I am particularly interested in economics because to me life revolves around economics. Everyday, we see economics and make use of economics, whether in making choices bearing in mind opportunity costs or in the purchase of goods and services involving demand and supply. Economics is a beautiful subject which forms the foundation of how we work, live and play.

(452 out of 500 allowed characters)
Isn't China's historic leader Deng Xiaoping short as well? If he can prominently bring positive change to people,so can I!

This (above) is awesome!

I choose "Where Is The Love" by Black Eyed Peas. I feel that the lyrics of this song reflect the harsh reality of life. ...

This is just a idea I had:
I began to love economics upon my first contact with the subject in Junior College...
OP chickpig 9 / 26  
thank you once again!

Home / Undergraduate / New York Short Answers (family characteristic, new event, talent show song)