How I'm the next Macgyver (UC prompt 3) opener

MadisonDozier 1 / -  
I'm drafting my PIQs right now and would appreciate it if someone could offer some feedback on the strength of my intro for my response to prompt 3. I intend to take this in a direction that highlights my passion and ability for coming up with solutions to all sorts of problems, thanks in advance!

Talents and Skills essay

If you were to ask some of my classmates what they would remember me for, you may hear a range of answers ranging from "basically John Green" to "that guy who used to play football", but I can guarantee you will hear one you would probably never guess. One students will likely respond with "fixed a projector using a milk carton."
Madison, since this essay is supposed to be a type of interview, you may want to consider opening the essay with a reminder of what the prompt is all about. I would have opened the essay with something more prompt related, for relevance sake, by saying something like:

People know me better for my skill in football than by my lesser known skills. While everyone knows I can easily score a winning touchdown, not everyone knows that I have skills akin to MacGyver. Think of me as a person of many talents and skills. Got a milk carton and a non working movie projector? Watch me work my magic. I'll bring that projector to life.

This prompt shouldn't be written in a direct manner. This is the one time that you can actually be creative in your narrative, within 350 words. Make sure you dazzle the reviewer with your presentation. Your opening statement has potential, but could be improved upon. Try to write the whole response essay first and work on revising bits and pieces next. That way you at least have a goal or direction for the paper to fall into as you edit the content.

Home / Undergraduate / How I'm the next Macgyver (UC prompt 3) opener