Nigeria - the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood

Leila12 1 / -  

I am grateful for my mom

I grew up in Lagos state in Nigeria in the continent named Africa. For the past seventeen years of my existence in this world, I have come to realize that my mom has always been and would always be the greatest influence in my life because she hasn't not just moulded me into who I am today but also my siblings by instilling into us good values and also the value of being a family.

Being a business woman, who had to leave her work just to come over to be with me here in the United States makes me respect her a lot because she believes a lot in spending quality family time together. I can say she has been my best friend, teacher and role model to cap it all.

I am greatly fond of her integrity and find out. Since I was young she has always told me to be steadfast in whatever I do and things would turn my way if I comply. Today, whatever I am and would be is just because of my mom who has helped me during my trying days and also a push factor to make me whatever I am.

She is not perfect so we do have misunderstandings but she makes it clear to me that its for my own good and not for anyone else.........

I don't know what to add to it because its meant to be 500 words and also check for my errors
Braimoh, the reason that you are having a hard time developing the 500 word essay is because the essay is not talking about your family in relation to who you have become or are becoming, you are focusing the discussion solely on the profile of your mother and her influence in your life. If you do not balance the information between her good traits and how it has influenced you, then you will not be able to meet the word count. Align your point of view about your mother with the way that you were raised and how your family dynamic was created. As a single parent, there must be a number of character traits that she has which she was able to pass on to you. Talk about how her traits have changed your point of view about life or changed what you consider to be a negative trait of yours for the better. The idea behind the essay is to accurately describe the method by which your mother raised you and how that created the person you are today. Make sure that you balance the discussion so that you can meet the necessary word count.

Home / Undergraduate / Nigeria - the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood