Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

A Night of Revelations,GWU:what infleuced you to apply to george washington uni.

gemma2345 5 / 15  
A Night of Revelations

"Why don't you try the George Washington University?" my father asked. At that moment that was the worst idea, I ever heard. I had never thought about George Washington University as one of my prospective schools .NEVER. When my father noticed that I was hesitant, he withdrew saying that it all depended on what I wanted or what I preferred. Thinking back right now, I laugh at myself for being so ignorant and judging. That night when my father left, I never even considered searching or finding out more about the George Washington University. I fell into a deep restless nap.

"My revelation" as I like to call it, was by chance. I had been searching for a particular store in Washington, when I was mistakenly linked, to the George Washington university website. My first instinct was to close the page; however, I decided that there was no harm in exploring a little. I began to look at the various schools and its majors. Although I was inspired to apply for many reasons, I was mostly influenced by its wide range of academic diversity. As a student from Africa (Nigeria), it has always been very important to me to attend a school that catered to me, structured itself around people like me and would nurture my talents.

The school of public health and health services especially catered to this dream. Being born and raised in the most populous country in Africa, I grew up amidst poverty and squalor. I was inspired by my father, who as a doctor dedicated his life to helping and saving the lives of the Nigerian people.My dreams as a child and now as a teenager has been inspired by my determination to make my country and its people better. This dream has given me a definite and straight- forward outlook on life and plays a major part of which I am today and what I represent as a person. Devoting all my life into making my country better, has been my primary goal in life. The George Washington University, I strongly believe is the first step towards achieving this dream.

The importance and relevance of public health to me and my country in particular, has greatly inspired me to pursue my dreams by applying to the school of public health and services. I intend to nurture this dream with the university's unique academic programs and its wonderful and diverse selection of teachers. Also, I have to point out that the university's environment presents such a diverse and comfortable feel that guarantees an interesting life for me.

I heard my name being called from a distance. "Wake up... It's almost midday!" prodded my mother. I woke up from my from my dream smiling. At that moment, it became clear to me that I had to do one thing.

Apply to the George Washington University!

i am not sure about the approach i used to answer this question..to be honest i think this is wack...i just need to know what you all think. how can i improve my essay and writing skills?..i really need help with this essay!!

Home / Undergraduate / A Night of Revelations,GWU:what infleuced you to apply to george washington uni.