northwestern statement- quench thirst!

debaterchick09 7 / 29  
I really need help on the grammer aspect as well as anything that seems awkward. Any critique is welcome! Thanks!

Northwestern Statement

What are the unique qualities of Northwestern - and of the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying - that make you want to attend the University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified?

My dream career is straightforward, I want to earn my Ph.D. in psychology become a social psychologist. Social psychology has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. It all started with the question of "why". My questions have ranged from why people commit actions to receive attention, or why stereotypes are represented in the mind. I have already taken initiative towards my career by taking psychology and sociology classes that are provided through my high school. The thirst for learning more about the human mind pushes me to seek out colleges and universities that will quench the thirst.

The undergraduate program of Judd A. and Marjorie Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences is exactly what I need to quench my thirst. The commitment of the faculty and numerous research opportunities in the department of psychology contribute to the originality of the undergraduate program. The availability of the instructors in the social sciences through "Coffee with a Prof" Undergraduate Psychology Association showed me that the faculty truly cares about the welfare of its students. I hope to be apart of the Undergraduate Psychology Association. I was very pleased to find a work study available for undergraduate students. It is a secure way to have hands on research opportunity alongside a professor. I would be thrilled to work alongside Jennifer Richeson as she focuses her research on prejudice and stereotypes.

Not only does Northwestern have undergraduate program that fits my needs, but it also has many unique organizations I would love to participate in. I have taken every chance I got to perform service and leadership through my high school years. I wish to continue the same trend through my college education. I would be honored to be apart the Best Buddies and the Habitat for Humanity program. Helping others in need is a passion of mine and I plan to continue the passion in my higher education.

In the Davis district of Utah diversity is not very common. I am the only Muslim Palestinian in my high school. There is a slim amount of organizations in which I can participate in that I can find people who hold onto the same beliefs as I do. Northwestern is the opposite of Utah in this aspect. The Muslim-cultural Students Association and Northwestern Model Arab League are two of the organizations that I would be thrilled to participate in. These organizations will allow me to seek other intellectuals who share the Islamic faith, interests in politics and debate, as well as participating in community service.

My dreams of studying social psychology will be best fulfilled at Northwestern. It has a well-developed undergraduate program with faculty who cares about its students and willing to provide opportunities for them that are not easily found anywhere else. The unique organizations at Northwestern will allow me to keep a balance of education and enable me to participate in community service and find others that share the same interests I do. With that said, I believe Northwestern has unique qualities will allow me to quench my thirst.
My dream career is straightforward: I want to earn my Ph.D. in psychology and become a social psychologist.

Social psychology has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. It all started with the question of "why?"

The unique organizations at Northwestern will allow me to keep a balance of education and enable me to participate in community service while finding others who share the same interests ...

This is all very good, and at the end you do a good job of reaffirming the main idea...
OP debaterchick09 7 / 29  
Ef_Kevin: Thank you so much! You have helped me alot.
Anyone else want to give me their input? Any critique is welcome! Thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / northwestern statement- quench thirst!