'nothing but a few blankets and clothes' Church Youth UGA Essay

berto 1 / -  
During my involvement with my church's youth group over the years, there have been many moments that have been special in that they have affected me as a person and changed my character. One event that stands out in particular for me is a certain trip to Atlanta.

This was not just another church field trip. It was one in which we were required to step out of our comfort zone and see firsthand that life that homeless people live. Our goal was to seek out those who lived under the bridges and help them however we could.

As we made our way through the cramped underside of I-75 I looked at these people who had nothing but a few blankets and clothes that they kept. Yet somehow they seemed to be the most cheerful people on the planet. High spirits and genuine smiles were what we received in gratitude for the packed lunches we gave each of them. This experience forced me into a new perspective. As a person I grew to have a more positive outlook on life and it taught me to not dwell on the negatives no matter how bad a situation may seem.
During my involvement with my church's youth group over the years, there have been many moments that have been special, in that they have affected me as a person and changed my character.

It was one in which we were required to step out of our comfort zone and see firsthand, the life that homeless people live.

Our goal was to seek out those who lived under the bridges, and help them however we could.

As a person I grew to have a more positive outlook on life, and it taught me to not dwell on the negatives no matter how bad a situation may seem.---Everything you do is 'as a person'!

Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'nothing but a few blankets and clothes' Church Youth UGA Essay