NTU - Skin problems / Describe a person who has had an influence on you.

jtjt99 2 / 2 1  

a board-certified dermatologist changed my life

Prompt: Describe a person who has had an influence on you, and share with us why and/or how the person has influenced you.

Essay:
Growing up, I had multiple skin problems. I had acne, eczema, and pustules spread all over my body. It took a toll on my confidence as a person; physically, mentally and emotionally. I would feel self-conscious about my body and would consistently wear long sleeves and baggy clothes, just to hide my skin condition. That is until I met a board-certified dermatologist named Dr. Ranjit in Malaysia and he changed my life. With just one consultation, he knew what my condition was and me with prescribed pills and medicated cream. In just a few weeks, my skin started to improve and so did my confidence level. I did not know how much a visit to a dermatologist clinic and meeting Dr. Ranjit could change my life. The creams and pills sparked the curiosity of how these medications work. Thus, I started doing my own research about ingredients such as salicylic acid, sulfur or benzoyl peroxide and their benefits to the skin. This experience also gave me a new meaning to life and motivated me to achieve the same effect on someone's life the same way Dr. Ranjit affected mine. Thus, collectively with many experiences, aspiring to become a dermatologist.
Is there a character limitation on your statement? If so, you should lessen the description of your skin problems and focus on the mental, emotional, and physical changes that transpired when the dermatologist began curing you. You don't have to say that this person changed your life. That is understood since his work on curing your skin condition is the focal point of the essay. Don't point out the obvious, wasting valuable character or word count in the process. The response is good enough, but it could still be better if you can do a simple compare and contrast of your before and after attitude with regards to your skin condition.

Home / Undergraduate / NTU - Skin problems / Describe a person who has had an influence on you.