Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

The numbers tell a story - Waterloo university

amirm 1 / -  
Please tell us about your educational goals, your interest in your chosen program(s), and your reasons for applying to the University of Waterloo. If you have applied to more than one program please discuss your interest in each program. (900 character limit)

I applied to 3 programs offered at Waterloo, which are Accounting and Financial Management, Honours, Co-operative Program, (Double Degree) Business Administration (WLU) and Mathematics (UW), Honours Co-operative Program, and Mathematics-Chartered Accountancy, Honours, Co-operative Program. The 3 programs are similar in nature (all focus on math, accounting, and have co-op).

I tried to stand out in my essay so I started with a short narrative piece.

"You know, those numbers aren't going to change no matter how hard you look at it", I said to my uncle, who was still fixated on his financial statements. With a grin on his face, he replied "if you look closely, you can see the numbers are trying to tell you something". It wasn't until I took accounting in high school that I began to understand the words of my uncle. I learned how the numbers in business reports reveal hidden teachings on how to successfully conduct a business. I find deciphering these hidden instructions very exciting and rewarding. My goal is to become a successful accountant. With the strong expertise of mathematics and understanding of business that I can receive from the Waterloo University, I know I can achieve my goal. Due to the exceptional co-op placement offered by Waterloo, I am free from the boundaries of books and given the opportunity to built solid business relationships. I believe the 3 programs that I applied to will help me achieve my goal of becoming a successful accountant and prepare me to become a contributing member of the business community. (910 characters)

I really appreciate the help, thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / The numbers tell a story - Waterloo university