NURSING AS FUTURE PROFESSION

bookerAs1 1 / 2  
It was courage, faith, endurance and a dogged determination to surmount all obstacles that built this bridge. -John J. Watson

In the summer of 2007, I was sitting besides my grandmothers bed. My grandmother battled breast cancer not once but twice. I could look into her eyes and see that this was her final calling. Everything that she needed was fully provided by the nurses. Those nurses that aided my grandmother were admiring. I admire that nurses are able to set aside their emotions and help those in need. Nursing is one of those professions I have always thought to be inspirational.

Being raised in a small family of hardworkers and high expectations, I felt lost. I hadn't thought about any professions to pursue as a career. However, I started to get to know myself better. I catergorized all of my characteristics and started to look at careers that seemed to be a perfect match. I started to realize that I loved helping people. It turned out that I had the same characterisitcs that registered nurses have.

I know that this career path takes hardwork and true dedication. Despite the disadvantages I am ready for the challenge. I am very interested in the care of loving families. I know that it can be stressful and emotional, but I know that I can give needed support. Helping a family in need of support is something that is rarey around. I have had to overcome many obstacles to get this far into my academics and Im sure to face even more the farther along I go. Everyone has their own weakness but I will not let my weakness despise me.

This bridge that I call determination is my new beginning. Determination is my pathway to becoming the succesful nurse that I am destined to be. At Fontbonne University I can finally pursue my career. I've never been so sure about something in my life. With a bachelors degree I can finally help those who needs to be helped. As I get older, I am realizing that school is the key to success. I know that Fontbonne University can mold me into a great student and become even more dedicated to my future plans.
aneres23 1 / 4  
How did you start your interest for caring people? Otherwise is a good essay

Home / Undergraduate / NURSING AS FUTURE PROFESSION