nursing is more than a job or even a career -REASONS STRONG ENOUGHT TO THIS COLLEGE?

onix911 1 / -  
NEED HELP TO IMPROVE THIS ESSAY!
To me, nursing is more than a job or even a career. It's an adventure, a continuous learning process that one embarks upon on each day, in search of life changing events and miracles. The pride I'll hold in saying, "I'm going to be a nurse," is immeasurable. Nursing is more than a profession of integrity and compassion, it is a privilege that will allow me to share both my values as a human being and the responsibilities granted to me.

As an aspiring nurse, I'm seeking a program that offers both a challenging and comprehensive curriculum: one in which I can gain early exposure to clinical practice and also be trained by experienced faculty in a multicultural diverse learning environment. I considered many factors before making my decision. It has to provide me with the tools to succeed academically, and also to be a well-rounded individual. It has to be a place where I can feel like a part of a family.

Since I live in a society where I've learned to appreciate people and the way they perceive the world that we share, all these things are important to me. They have allowed me to consider life from the perspectives of others. I've spent considerable time finding a college that possesses these characteristics. This is why I'd like to pursue my degree at the ***University. Your university has the challenging and comprehensive curriculum. I feel I need to be my best, while also engaging me as a person to become a well-rounded individual within the strong morals advocated by your mission statement. I want to take out into the world and apply during my life and nursing career as a caring and compassionate human being who can interact with people of all races, creeds, and backgrounds.

Having read your college guide and visited your campus, I am sure ***University is the place for me to be. I know a degree from your college will open many doors for me and launch my career. I am aware of many of your graduates over the course of the past 65 years that have made their mark in the healthcare field. It is truly gratifying to know that I have chosen a career that will bring happiness and also wellbeing to others and to me. I hope the ***University will give me the unique opportunity to realize my dream of becoming a registered nurse.

Sincerely yours,
It's an adventure, a continuous learning process that one embarks upon on each day, in search of life changing events and miracles.

It has to provide me with the tools necessary to succeed academically, and also to be a well-rounded individual. It has to be a place where I can feel like a part of a family.

They haveIt has allowed me to consider life from the perspectives of others.

Your university has a challenging and comprehensive curriculum.

I want to go out into the world and work during my life and nursing career as a ...

Having read your college guide and visited your campus, I am sure ***University is the place for me. to be.
Let's use a hyphen:
life-changing

It is a cliche to say "it's an adventure." I think that is the slogan of the American national Guard, isn't it? Anyway, it is a cliche. Try to think of a more unique word...

In that second paragraph, I think a dash would work better than that colon.

It has to be a place where I can feel like a part of a family.

I think this is a little to generic. To improve, I think you should focus more on nursing concepts and show that you are already reading a lot of articles in nursing journals. Also, google this: nursing patterns of knowing, porter

It will be great if you revise some of this to share your greatest interests in the field of nursing... specializations that interest you, or your philosophy of nursing.

I know a degree from your college will open many doors for me and launch my career. Stuff like this does not help. It is obvious, general, and not very meaningful. That is why I think you should give this essay a THEME based on the nursing concepts that interest you. Read a nursing article in a professional journal right now for inspiration! You actually only need to read the article's intro and conclusion if you want to get ideas.

Home / Undergraduate / nursing is more than a job or even a career -REASONS STRONG ENOUGHT TO THIS COLLEGE?