(Nursing program) Admission for RN to BSN program.

mdipeolu 4 / 6  
Question : Please submit a concise essay, which addresses your prior education and work experience, as well as how you expect the BSN to enhance your professional career goals. If you can, please incorporate the following:

- Experiences and motivations which have contributed significantly to your decision to pursue the BSN degree.*
- Based on your professional experience, specify qualities that you feel are essential to nursing.*
- Please indicate your interest in graduate study. Address the specific specialty area(s) that you may want to pursue and the population you would like to serve.*

What I Expect BSN to Enhance in my Professional Goals ( Can someone please make this topic more precise for me?)
Being a registered nurse for the past five years have been a great experience for me. My experiences have shaped me to be cautious, very observant to the slight-less changes, and being fulfill as well. I attended a three-year school of nursing and worked as a medical and pediatric nurse for three years. My experiences in these fields have helped me to realize the importance of holistic and individualized care. I have learned about disease conditions collectively in class, but I discovered that the application of these knowledge have to be personalized to individual client. Helping and assisting the sick have been something that makes me feel fulfilled in life, and am happy making others happy. I presently work with individuals that are physically or mentally challenged and I felt the need to broaden my knowledge in order to serve this population better. I also have the dream to be a nursing professor which I believe is a good way to contribute my quota to the development of nursing and help others to provide the best care required of them as a nurse. To achieve all these dreams, having a BSN degree is the first step to make my dream come true.

In addition, my professional experience has made me to realize that having a questioning-mind and a never-ending quest to learn are few of the greatest qualities a nurse must possess among others like being empathetic, able to perform multiply task at a time, knowing your values and great assessment skill.

Furthermore, having a graduate degree will also provide me with the skills and knowledge. For these reasons, I will like to pursue my graduate study in Community Health Nursing and Nursing Education to better serve the mentally and physically challenged individuals, and move closer to my dream of being a nursing professor.

In conclusion, getting admission into your great institution nursing program will help me overcome the long bridge between my dream and its extents in actual life.

Thanks.
ola77 3 / 6  
If you only need help with the title, I think your title can go something like this " How the BSN will Enhance my Professional Goals" or Using the BSN to Enhance my Personal goals. Hope this helps.
pfishermsw 2 / 4  
Hi, mdipeolu,

Your essay sounds really good! Your essay expresses empathy for your patients and passion for the field of nursing! I truly wish you the best! One example I would suggest is being more specific. For example "I presently work with individuals that are physically or mentally challenged and I felt the need to broaden my knowledge in order to serve this population better." Could you add something more specific like were these individuals treated in acute care and/or in a psych unit? How did these individuals challenge you specifically? Did their conditions motivate you to learn more about education, psych nursing, or acute care, which ultimately lead you to consider the BSN program? Also, you mentioned that you want to become a Community nurse, how do you see yourself working as a community nurse? What would you bring to the field in order to change or enhance nursing going forward? Its just something to think about! Good luck with your essay and admissions!
tinie 4 / 9  
I agree with Percival Fisher. Your essay sounds good. but sorry I cant help you to correct the grammar. I am not expert to correct it.

Home / Undergraduate / (Nursing program) Admission for RN to BSN program.