NYU short answer (diversity is critical to my future education)

Veggy 6 / 16  
I don't know if the grammer is all ok...please help me..

New York City is an essential element of academic and cultural life at NYU. If you could engage in an activity or start a club or service organization at NYU, what would it be and how would you envision it impacting the larger community?

I personally value diversity as a critical element of my future education. I believe that people can grow emotionally through human interaction. Therefore, I wish to share my heritage and to introduce students to the dynamic Korean culture such as dramas and music, which will be interesting and exciting. Exchanging diverse culture, I believe, will enrich the nuances of people's ideas and beliefs. It could be truly a remarkable program, particularly in a dynamic city like New York.
Linnus 6 / 89  
I'm not sure if you answered the question.

"I personally value diversity as a critical element of my future education. I believe that people can grow emotionally through human interaction."- Doesn't address the prompt at all.

I would focus on a club, organization, etc and tell how it would impact the larger community.

Good luck!
OP Veggy 6 / 16  
thanks but i dunno.. to me it is affecting the larger community because i meatn to try to diversify the culture throughout new york city.

Can any one help me with?
Linnus 6 / 89  
First, New York City is considered a cultural melting pot. Also, I believe it will more meaningful if you talked about the impact it might have beyond NYC. Lastly, are you sure NYU doesn't have a similar club?

Good luck!
09johnsont 3 / 5  
I think you did answer the question, but you cannot just state that" it will be truly remarkable." State why it will be remarkable.

Good luck.
OP Veggy 6 / 16  
thanks guys!!!

I have a question.

If I am korean, would it be too trite to say what I wrote above?
youbinz 1 / 2  
IM KOREAN TOO woo hoo korean pride here!!

I think you did answer the question and all. I love the idea of your club but maybe you can specify it to pop culture (which I think you're trying to do) so that it becomes individual and original unlike what MR.Linnaus is trying to say :)

Hmmmmmm i worry about the Korean trite thing but then this shows how proud you are of your (our really lol) culture and all so i think you'll be fine. what did you say for the song thing?
OP Veggy 6 / 16  
haha lol

yeah I said i would sing "my way" because it changed my personality.

by the way what do you guys think of my edited one?

I personally value diversity as a critical element of my future education. I believe that people can grow emotionally through human interaction. Therefore, I wish to join KSA to share my heritage and to introduce students to the dynamic Korean culture such as dramas and music, which will be interesting and exciting. Exchanging diverse culture, I believe, will enrich the nuances of people's ideas and beliefs. It could be truly a remarkable program, particularly in a dynamic city like New York.

any grammer mistakes or logic error??????
Umich 3 / 9  
yeah I think it isn't bad to talk about Korean heritage.
OP Veggy 6 / 16  
Thanks for the comment!!!!

Any more help please??????
EF_Constance - / 143  
I personally value diversity as a critical element of my future education. I believe that people can grow emotionally through human interaction; therefore , I wish to join KSA to share my heritage and to introduce students to the dynamic Korean culture, such as dramas and music, which will be interesting and exciting. Exchanging diverse culture, I believe, will enrich the nuances of people's ideas and beliefs. It could be truly a remarkable program, particularly in a dynamic city like New York.

Go ahead! Talk about your heritage... Colleges need more culturally-diversity, no matter who or where they are!

As far as the essay, I would write out KSA rather than use the acronym. Do you have a word limit? It seems kind of short. I would go into how the program will help people in NY and outside of NY.
LW Trojan /  
I like your essay...seems like you would be a great contribution to NYU!
chickpig 9 / 26  
I agree that you should go into explaining how "remarkable" the program is. Additionally, I'm not too sure whether you are referring to a student organization or a program now anymore. Dont worry too much, it does answer the question. You just need to refine it a little more.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU short answer (diversity is critical to my future education)