NYU short answers - Trait, NYC, talent, academic program

silversweet 6 / 14  
Grammar, ideas,is it intersting? Any comments on it will be really helpful...Im really unsure bout this and I really need help. Thanks!

Describe a trait or characteristic that has been passed along to you by your family. Tell us why you like or dislike this aspect of yourself.

Ambition. An earnest desire for some form of achievement or distinction. It is not something that is genetically passed down, but is rather cultivated. My close and extended family has been a great inspiration to me, instilling in me the desire for excellence. Ambition is a strong driver because as it is said "where there is a will there is a way." It does not bring risks, but rather adventures with great lessons. It is a great teacher and motivator.

New York City is an essential element of academic and cultural life at NYU. If you could engage in an activity or start a club or service organization at NYU, what would it be and how would you envision it impacting the larger community?

There are many clubs that interest me in NYU. However, in light of the current circumstances, The International Relations (IR) Society would be club I would be very keen on joining. The discussion over international affairs is very important at this point because of the recent terrorist attack in India. As I am Indian this topic is significant to me. I believe it is pivotal to understand the views of the international community so we can come together and make a difference.

You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you choose? Why?

The song I would chose to sing would be Just Stand Up. Though the song is written as a call to fight cancer, it also applies life. It is a call to fight for life and to live life. The song is about empowering yourself and never giving up no matter what life throws in your way. It says "you can go be your own miracle" by just standing back up. Like the song, I believe nothing is impossible and nothing should be feared because we all have it within in us to come back stronger.

Please tell us what led you to select your anticipated academic program and/or NYU school/college, and what interests you most about your intended discipline.

Having grown up in international schools, I have come to greatly enjoy and cherish diversity. When I was in New York I experienced the same melange of cultures blend into one city. New York University and its close relationship with its diverse community intrigued me. Besides that NYU also provides an excellent education, especially in business. My interest in business is attributed to the same international experience as well as experiences and insights I received from my parents' business.
OP silversweet 6 / 14  
Here's another one

In addition to any work experience that you listed on your application, please tell us how you spent your most recent summer vacation.

I spent a lot of my summer exploring the nuances in different European cultures as I traveled to Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Austria and Cyprus. I took in the many different sights and cultures from which I found Cyprus to be the most different. At home in Budapest I spent most of my time in swimming and tennis training as well as relaxing and preparing (reviewing for IB courses) for the upcoming rigorous senior year. Choosing university was of my priorities and that is when I came upon NYU.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU short answers - Trait, NYC, talent, academic program