NYU Short Answers (Year 2050, Day in NY, poem, summer vacation)

NW15 2 / 5  
These are my short answers for my NYU application. Please help me come up with a title for my movie! They all have to be less than 500 characters

In the year 2050, a movie is being made of your life. Please tell us the name of your movie and briefly summarize the story line.

Natalie is the public relations representative for a candidate for President of the United States in the year 2020. She works endlessly to perfect his speeches and remove every wrinkle from his public persona. One day, she over hears him making secret deals with ballot counters to ensure his win. Faced with this moral dilemma, she is forced (struggles to?) to examine her conscience. Will she remain silent and reap the benefits of his victory or divulge his covert plans to reveal the cheater he really is?

If you had the opportunity to spend one day in New York City with a famous New Yorker, who would it be and what would you do? (Your New Yorker can be anyone -past or present, fictional or nonfictional - who is commonly associated with New York City; they do not necessarily have to have been born and raised in New York.)

Perhaps the greatest pioneer in jazz choreography, Bob Fosse, and I spend a day on Broadway while he is living in New York City. As we walk up and down the street, Bob has one of his many cigarettes, and we discuss his inspiration, signature style, and reckless lifestyle. Later, Bob teaches me some of his famous choreography from the show "Chicago" and we dance in front of a live audience on Broadway that night. The audience applauds wildly as we beam our brightest smiles and take a bow.

Write a haiku, limerick, or short (eight lines or less) poem that best represents you
6,142 Feet
The ascent begins, trekking over mossy ground
like a small child in a museum, among the trees
Scattered twigs snap beneath determined strides
The summit looms ahead, inviting but so far
Determination burns along with tired legs
The final ledge surpassed, I breathe in the view
The destination is reached and mountain conquered

Please tell us what led you to select your anticipated academic program and/or NYU school/college, and what interests you most about your intended discipline.

My senior year of high school, I enrolled in a communications arts course as an elective. Throughout the course of the year, I felt an interest, passion and enjoyment that I have never affiliated with any other course. Because of my fascination with the subject, I have decided to study and pursue a career in the field of communications. Communications is a broad field that will serve as an outlet for my creative yet organized mind.

In addition to any work experience that you listed on your application, please tell us how you spent your most recent summer vacation.

In my small amount of spare time between working and babysitting last summer, I relocated to Maine. I spent as much time as possible in the outdoors, seeking fresh air and adventure. I hiked Mount Washington, the highest mountain in the Northeast, as well as several other mountains in Maine and New England. I also initiated a canoe trip down the Saco River. One weekend at the end of the summer, I ventured to Western Massachusetts for a dance festival called Jacob's Pillow and a hike.
ashyy1992 4 / 8  
I believe the due date was January 1st but I will help you anyways.

Natalie is the public relations representative for a candidate for President of the United States in the year 2020. This sentence is too wordy and takes up too much characters, try shortening it.

she is forced (struggles to?) to examine her conscience. I like stuggles to.

Will she remain silent and reap the benefits of his victory or divulge his covert plans to reveal the cheater he really is? You can wrap up this sentence with a better cliff hanger. In my honest opinion, I do not like seeing he really is at the end of a sentence/question.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU Short Answers (Year 2050, Day in NY, poem, summer vacation)