NYU supplement- anticipated area of study, global network university, etc

rebrose 8 / 20  
These are my three supplement short answers for NYU. The limit is 500 characters so please keep that in mind. But please don't be afraid to be harsh I am looking for edits in grammar and content. Thanks :)

Please tell us what led you to select both your anticipated academic area(s) of study and the NYU school / college / program or the Abu Dhabi campus. What interests you most about your intended discipline? Mention any extracurricular or non-school-related activities or experiences that demonstrate your interest.

My fascination with international relations grew out of from my love of history. As a studied history I began to recognize how the political and cultural traditions of nations influenced their current government and international actions. I became captivated by the shifting balance of power and understanding the new dynamics of the century. After attending a LeadAmerica conference on foreign policy I became most interested in studying how diplomats work together in the international arena.

NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

A global network university urges students to go experience the world for themselves, either by studying aboard for a semester or taking an internship. Students learn to embrace the diversity of humanity and use it as a tool to solve global problems. If I had the opportunity to study in NYC or NYU's global sites I would encounter a range of people and personalities. In my interactions with these people I would learn to find the commonalities of experience that form the basis of relationships.

If you had the opportunity to bring any person - - past or present, fictional or nonfictional - - to a place that is special to you, who would you bring and why? What would you share with that person?

I would like to take Gabriel Garcia Marquez to the hill that my house sits upon and that overlooks the valley in which my hometown lies. Here I would ask him to help me find the beauty in the town and its inhabitants. At times I feel I can never appreciate the place that I come from like Marquez appreciates his native country of Colombia. I would like to ask Marquez how he came to feel such affection for his country, but I feel he would reply, "Through memories tainted with nostalgia."
fnm193 3 / 9  
These are really good!

Here's just a little advice:

I know the character count is really close but if its possible elaborate more on the the LeadAmerica conference. Its and important part since the prompt specifically asks you to mention any relating ECs

In the second one, you can talk more about how it will change YOU and maybe a bit less on what it does.

The third one is great :)
Good Luck!
OP rebrose 8 / 20  
Thanks for the advice :)

Home / Undergraduate / NYU supplement- anticipated area of study, global network university, etc