NYU- Common App Stern Transfer Application Essay

stefankiwi 1 / -  
Good Afternoon Readers,

I'm looking to apply to NYU for this upcoming Fall 2014, and thought there maybe a few people out there that could review my essay!

Much Appreciated!

Question:

NYU's global network of campuses, schools, colleges, and programs, provides an unrivaled urban university experience to cultivate our students' intellectual curiosity and to help them achieve their future career goals.

In evaluating your candidacy for admission, we are interested in making the best match possible with all that NYU has to offer. As a result, we are curious to learn about your academic and personal interests.

Please address, in your essay response, the following question:

What are your academic interests and how do you plan to explore them at NYU?

Looking back at my life, I can see that I have always had the drive and savviness needed to be a leader in the business world. At the age of seventeen I needed $20,000 to compete on the professional tennis circuit in France. Two months later, I had ten employees working for me and had acquired the profit needed to compete on the circuit. My past business endeavors lead me to believe that there is only one logical future plan for me, for the next two years of my life, and that is to be part of the 'New York University: Stern School of Business.'

When approaching my economics professor he announced that Stern is renowned for having the most globally recognized, intellectual leadership across every major discipline of business education.

This insight into Stern and knowledge that like- minded people think and operate with the same dedication, vision and values that I aspire to, has refueled me with a buzzing passionate, entrepreneurial energy; which needs to be combined with, 'Stern knowledge' in order for me to progress.

Throughout my life so far my energy has been focused entirely on my professional tennis career.
Holding a racket at the age of four, begging to play interclub at the age of five, winning my first national tennis trophy at the age of eight; mapped out the beginning of my tennis pathway.

Many long hours spent grinding it out on the tennis court, day after day; perfecting that one shot, that one serve, the right foot work, breathing patterns, eating habits and mental attitude has taught me patience, perseverance, endurance and tenacity. Never allowing myself to succumb to complacency, alert and fighting for every point like a warrior, hating to lose and realizing that pressure elates me; has transformed me into the person I am today. Tennis has instilled in me the desire to succeed at all costs- linked to the knowledge that I have to work hard with unwavering focus and dedication to fulfill my ambitions.

This dedication and desire to succeed has taken me to the other side of the world, away form family and friends to play in the Division 1 team, at the----. It is true that I have trained practically everyday since the age of six and that I make big demands on myself, but I haven't felt this to be a sacrifice or a loss because I have enjoyed it. The effort I have invested in tennis is great, but now I wish to concentrate on my academic education and apply this same passion, unwavering focus and dedication at Stern.

In my freshman year as a student-athlete I realized, all the years of hard work and dedication to my vision- tennis; had not only manifested itself into athletic results, but it had also taught me the key to success and made me aware of how I could apply this key to other aspects of life; namely in the academic world of economics.

Since the discovery of my economic academic capabilities and entrepreneurially skills, my life has taken on a new purpose. The seeds of academic success in economics and the business world have been sown, but in order for these seeds to be productive they need knowledge. Through research on my chosen field I realize that there is no other college that would be a better fit for me than Stern. Stern, with its wealth of knowledge; is for someone with ambition, who dares to dream- a person like me who needs insight turned into action. Stern will channel and provide intellectual leadership across every major discipline that I wish to pursue and fulfill the deep innate, passionate desire that I have to succeed as a business leader, on a global scale. This goal can only be realized with; drive, unwavering focus and hard work, when it is combined with the knowledge acquired at Stern. On completion of my time spent at Stern, I believe I will continue to be an ambassador for NYU; and will go on to create ongoing economic and social value around the world.

Carnegie suggests" When two or more minds cooperate in harmony, they form a great "bank" of energy. Napoleon Hill suggests; a man's brain maybe compared to an electric battery. A group of electric batteries will provide more energy than a single battery. "A group of brains coordinated in a spirit of harmony, will provide more thought energy, than a single brain." So hence it is paramount that I attend NYU and surround myself with like- minded people with the same thirsty passion I have. Taking on the nature the habits and the power of thought of those with whom I associate with, in a spirit of sympathy and harmony. This coming together of great minds will create the framework for me and for the rest of tomorrow's thoughtful leaders...

'Knowledge changes things and knowledge is the nature of Stern."
Slim shady 12 / 27  
Gooood job! keep going

Home / Undergraduate / NYU- Common App Stern Transfer Application Essay