NYU Supplement - Poem, Summer, Famous New Yorker, and movie

twizzlestraw 12 / 95  
Hi everyone! So I wrote these pretty quikly, but I don't want to turn in crap. Any feedback would be great!!!
Send me links if you need to!
Thankss!

What did you do this summer?
This summer I had the opportunity to pursue two of my passions: medicine and drama. After the first week of summer, I began Forensics boot camp, which entailed eight hour a day practice sessions for two weeks.

Shortly following my participation at the National Tournament, I traveled to Cambridge England for the Cambridge Tradition. Here, amongst a world-renowned faculty and students from over thirty different countries, I studied molecular medicine and drama.

What famous new yorker would you spend a day with and why? what would you do?
"The Color Purple" is one of my favorite films not simply because of the beautifully crafted message but because of he impressive display of acting ability each cast member. For this reason I would love to spend a day with Whoopi

Her landmark performance was not only impressive but inspiring. I hope tto discuss how the role personally affected her life and for her to give me some advice on my own acting abilities.

Write a poem limerick or haiku that describes you
I reach for the can at the top of the shelf,
And yet nothing in being felt.
My hand flaps wildly in this sudden vacancy.
Disappointment surmounts, confusion, anger.
Still I persist,
Insistent that my hand not be left purposeless,
I search and search adamantly.
Until finally, I find.

In the year 2050 a movie is being made about your life - describe the plot.
"Discover Life." The greatest measure of a life is its affect on others. This film details the land marking breakthrough of Nobel laureate Dr. Adrianna Turner, PhD. This masterfully crafted work shares the lives of four of her patients, each receiving experimental treatments for the disease lupus, as they struggle to fight alongside Adrianna to discover a cure, to discover life.
xoxsueshixox 1 / 15  
"The Color Purple" is one of my favorite films not simply because of the beautifully crafted message ,but also because of he impressive display of acting ability each cast member. For this reason I would love to spend a day with Whoopi.

Her landmark performance was not only impressive but inspiring. I hope to discuss how the role personally affected her life and for her to give me some advice on my own acting abilities.

Poem is insightful.

That's all I could find.
Perhaps you can look at mine?
kldini 12 / 62  
The first one is pretty good; short, precise, and to the point. =)

The second one:
"The Color Purple" is one of my favorite films not simply because of the beautifully crafted message but because of he (did you mean "his" or "the") impressive display of acting ability each cast member. For this reason I would love to spend a day with Whoopi.

Her landmark performance was not only impressive but inspiring. I hope t to discuss how the role personally affected her life and for her to give me some advice on my own acting abilities.

*I suggest you add something deeper...I feel it is too simple.

The third:
Impressive. You should publish that one.

the fourth:
Interesting. lol..=) Really good. Maybe adding something else, like...more about you since it is your movie...your biography...your life. =)

Hope I helped...
Can you read mines please...The Common App... and the Stanford's essays.

Thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU Supplement - Poem, Summer, Famous New Yorker, and movie