NYU- Why us? I've always strived to reach my full potential

haikusoccer12 1 / -  
M.Williamson states that "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure". For as long as I can remember, I've always strived to reach my full potential. With my participation in student government, sports, challenging classes, and work, I've found that determination results in the payoff of personal success. It's not hard to find a list of reasons as to why I want to spend the next few years of my life at New York University. Aside from the beautiful location and exciting community, I noticed that NYU centers itself around excellence and individualized learning. Coming from a small high school with the intention of enrolling myself as a biology major, I appreciate the opportunity and diverse range of programs that NYU has to offer. I'm excited to attend a school where I can focus on my education, but still be able to continue taking art and music classes. College will not only be a chance to earn a degree, but a chance to find myself through exploring all of my talents and passions. My greatest achievement would not simply be acceptance into NYU, but what I make of it. Past excellence is merely a base for future accomplishments, and with acceptance, I intend on bettering myself along with the community around me. I view NYU as an esteemed group of outstanding leaders and scholars that have taken the extra initiative to go above and beyond what is expected of them. I would be proud to enter college as a freshman at NYU.
nkcnatalee864 4 / 11  
GREAT essay! :) tho I do think it'd be better to maybe write a bit more on how nyu SPECIFICALLY appeals to you, a lot of your answer can pertain to any college

Home / Undergraduate / NYU- Why us? I've always strived to reach my full potential