NYU Sup ; Academic interests/ What intriuges you: Apple's ability/ Japan

kirashuu 1 / -  
NYU's global network provides students with hundreds of academic areas of interest for students to cultivate their intellectual curiosity and to help achieve their career goals. Whether you are entirely undecided about your academic plans or you have a definitive program of study in mind, what are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses.

Apple's ability to reel so many people in to buy their products; the reason why nearly everyone uses Microsoft; or why someone preferred one brand over another all deal with marketing. I want to learn how to become someone who is able to capture a consumer's attention and have them try a product I'm advertising for. The satisfaction it would provide me would be reward enough -- I would want to continue to make the company I work for thrive. I want to learn how to appeal to consumers' tastes and make them want to buy the product. My passions are creativity, business, and diversity. When you combine those, it becomes marketing in business. NYU Stern is one of the best business schools, and since NYU is conveniently located in New York, there will be a plethora of job opportunities to succeed in. I am positive I can achieve a high level of education from NYU Stern and be able to succeed in life.

What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

Japan, the home of sakura, or cherry blossoms, has captured my attention since I was a mere twelve years old. What really brought my attention to Japan was my love for anime, or Japanese cartoons. I slowly developed a deep interest in anime, and began researching the country that it came from -- Japan. The entire culture of Japan intrigues me; people are extremely respectful to one another (unlike a lot of people in New York who may bump or shove others) by bowing upon meeting, or saying "Itadakimasu," which means "Thanks for the meal!" before a meal. Japan's language is extremely fascinating yet complex -- there are different ways to say, "I love you," and each version has a specific purpose, and Japanese people follow that tradition. This shows how Japanese people have not lost the meaning of words, such as "love," which Americans mostly have. A person who enjoys trying various types of food, I love Japanese cuisine. The scenery of Japan is extremely beautiful, as well. The cherry blossoms, Mt. Fuji, and ocean provides Japan with a seemingly cozy and peaceful environment in which I strive to live in. Japan is my favorite location and everything it provided me -- joy, happiness, laughter, desire -- can never be lost.
lalala15 3 / 4 1  
2nd quesiton:

I think your response shows your passion and knowledge about Japan. I would suggest to remove the American critcism. The incorporation of Japanese language is really clever.

Home / Undergraduate / NYU Sup ; Academic interests/ What intriuges you: Apple's ability/ Japan