'obsession with Asian pop and Hispanic music' Stanford supplement letter to roommate

kgwatsup 2 / 2 1  
Stanford supp.- letter to roommate

Dear Roommate,
Congrats, you and I both got into Stanford! I would shake your hand right now if we were in person, but an air hand shake is good for now. So, let me introduce myself, my name is Kristin Watkins and I am from Illinois, born in Michigan, and before Illinois, Minnesota. Therefore, I'm ready to experience the warm and toasty state of California.

As for our living situation, don't worry I'm not a messy person. Actually I'm very neat. My friends think I have OCD, but I completely disagree. I'm not that tidy, but when it comes to my school stuff, you may not want to touch.

I'm a very easy person to get along with and I have a excellent sense of humor. When we finally meet, I have to tell you the pizza joke. Well, it may be a little too cheesy. Speaking of cheese, I love to cook and try new food, so I hope you are up to hunting down the best restaurants and trying my newest recipe attempts. Also, I love learning about other cultures and especially listening to their music. Therefore, I would like to learn about your background and where you come from. Hopefully, my obsession with Asian pop and Hispanic music won't disturb you too much. I can't wait to meet you!

Sincerely,
Kristin Watkins

please critique heavily. i through this together pretty quickly just to start with something and i really suck at writing too.
also, should i use contractions or not?
thanks for your feedback
joshuanderitu01 2 / 41  
kgwatsup
Congrats you can start with the wordcongractulations instead of the meaning it gives to the reader of your essay. first paragraph
I'm a very easy person to get along with and I have a excellentinstead use excellent sense of humor,

your essay is well writen but you should use a full readable word in your essay at first paragraph and
use the word excellent without a excellent because this excellent is not a name as my reason to correct your essay that paragraph
,well done though .
Speaking of cheese, I love to cook and try new food, so I hope you are up to hunting down the best restaurants and trying my newest recipe attempts.

hahaha... this is enough for you to impress your roommate...lol

I can't wait to meet you!

--------- I feel you should make this one a bit more serious. Something like;
I am eagerly looking forward to meeting you soon.

Enjoyed reading your letter; it's cool and witty :D
sue2013kim - / 4  
kind of short don't you think? This is a fun time where you can share everything about yourself to those college people. Things that can distinguish you from another applier. I would suggest you write more, dig a little deeper into yourself instead of giving out general information.

Home / Undergraduate / 'obsession with Asian pop and Hispanic music' Stanford supplement letter to roommate