I have an obsession for dramas; cinderellla moments?

kimmykimkim 2 / 4  
I have an obsession for dramas. I literally need to watch an episode every day. Each time as I watch an episode, a smile automatically appears on my face. I can always relate my fantasy life of being in love, being rich, being famous, and more. I always pretend that I am the one in the drama, playing the role of the rich girl getting everything she wants in life, but the one thing she doesn't have is a family that loves her. I playing that role in my imagination, makes me realize that the materialistic life is nothing without the real life of consisting family, friends, and happiness. Once I come back to reality, I start to appreciate, and care more. However, that experience or idea of being in a fantasy dream makes me so happy. That idea of escaping to a new world even if it is in my imagination allows me to relax and take a break from the world of stress. Probably every drama I watched, it was about a love story. I had never been in love, had a boyfriend, or even had my first kiss. But, as I watch an episode about love and imagine myself being the one in love; it allows me to somewhat understand the meaning of love. I feel like the dramas that I watch teach me about the real world and the dream world. Every girl always anticipates for their Cinderella story, even I do. However, I know I cannot just waste my life waiting for that Cinderella moment; I have to build a life that I can control. Watching dramas that contain the Cinderella moments allow me to have hope to have one of those moment in one point of my life. Dramas also give me inspiration towards my style. Especially, this one particular drama called Gossip Girl inspired me view fashion towards a different perspective, outside of my comfort zone; it allowed me to broaden my horizons. Gossip Girl taught me that true fashion comes within oneself and that their personality and identity can be seen through ones style. Every time someone compliments my outfit, it makes my day. I know that rather than copying people's outfits, it's better to come up with your own style in order to show your own personal taste. I know when I am having a bad day; I can come home, turn on my laptop and play an episode. That moment right when the episode plays, I feel like I am my own little world and everything around does not exist. Right when an episode ends, I always want more. It antagonizes as I have to wait for the next episode to come out. I constantly think of the ending scene in my head and even come up with my own scenarios of what is going to happen next. Every drama has its own little quirks that make it so unique which is the reason for my obsession over dramas.
katsen 2 / 6  
To kimmykimkim:

What is the prompt? It is difficult to give constructive feedback if I do not know what the prompt is. However, I can fix some grammar mistakes.

Each time as I watch

Each time I watch

, being famous, and more

You can delete "and more" since it is unnecessary. You can say" and being famous"instead.

I always pretend that I am the one in the drama, playing the role of the rich girl getting everything she wants in life, but the one thing she doesn't have is a family that loves her. I playing that role in my imagination, makes me realize that the materialistic life is nothing without the real life of consisting family, friends, and happiness. Once I come back to reality, I start to appreciate, and care more. However, that experience or idea of being in a fantasy dream makes me so happy.

It is awkward to include how one of your fantasies helped you appreciate what you have in reality more, and then you transitioned back to why you enjoy immersing yourself in your fantasies. It sounds disorganized, so please try to incorporate different ideas separately. Maybe explain in one paragraph how dramas serve as an escape and developed your world that you can control. Then, in another paragraph explain how those fantasies/ relations helped you better appreciate reality. Again, I do not know the prompt, so my suggestion might be invalid.

even if it is in my imagination

This is unnecessary because it is implied that your world is part of your imagination.

Probably every drama I watched, it was about a love story. I had never been in love, had a boyfriend, or even had my first kiss. But, as I watch an episode about love and imagine myself being the one in love; it allows me to somewhat understand the meaning of love. I feel like the dramas that I watch teach me about the real world and the dream world.

Too much details about your personal life. You can just say that even though you lack experience in love, you feel the that you can still understand the values of love through the dramas you watch and your imagination.

Dramas also give me inspiration towards my style.

You can start a new paragraph here.

inspired me view fashion towards a different perspective, outside of my comfort zone; it allowed me to broaden my horizons. Gossip Girl

This part can be deleted.

It antagonizes as

I agonize over the fact that....

Every drama has its own little quirks that make it so unique which is the reason for my obsession over dramas.

Maybe "The unique plot/ scenario of each drama is why I love watching dramas/ obsess over dramas.

Hope this helps!

Home / Undergraduate / I have an obsession for dramas; cinderellla moments?