"I am an oddball." - Stanford to Future Roommate

Heavenn07 5 / 13  
Dear Future Roomie,

There is one thing I should warn you about right off the bat: I am an oddball. Despite being born and raised in Texas, home to many a conservative Republican, barbeque-loving football fan, I am a liberal, vegetarian ballet dancer. Although I belong in the "nerd" category at my high school, I devour the Greek classics and the Latin Grammys with equal gusto. While the majority of my classmates identify themselves by their singular intellectual interests (There's Lucas the Math Whiz, Sarah the Art Girl, and Joe the Musician), my passions span from politics and human rights to salsa dance and photography. Most of my friends and family accuse me of being a staunch optimist, which, I must admit, is an accurate description. I vow to keep our dorm pristine (or at least disaster-zone free), to always be considerate of you, and to never eat the last of the mint chocolate chip ice cream without replacing the carton. However, I also confess that I will also drag you to art exhibitions, bake you cookies that will inevitably turn out to be lopsided, and pick the quirky foreign film on movie nights. I can't wait to get to know you and to start our lives at Stanford! To be completely honest, I have never felt like I fit in where I am from and it is wonderful to be in this environment of diversity, open-mindedness, and acceptance.

Any comments would be appreciated.
turntablespp 6 / 41  
... home to many a conservative Republican and a barbeque-loving football fan, I am a liberal and a vegetarian ballet dancer.

... being a staunch optimist which , I must admit, is an accurate description.

However, I must admit ( use a different word) that I will also drag you ...

Good essay, fixed most the grammar issues!

Read mine in return please :)
ztn123 3 / 5  
Despite being born and raised in Texas, home to many a conservative Republicans , barbeque-loving football fans , I am a liberal, vegetarian ballet dancer. Even thoughAlthough I belong to the "nerd" categorygroup at my high school, I devour ...

I vow to keep theour dorm pristine ...

I love this! Especially the ending about the lopsided cookies and then how you weave in your future at Stanford.
computerjunkie - / 9  
i have no corrections at all! It's short, sweet, very cute, and not to mention grammatically correct. good essay :)
moealrob 3 / 13  
Grreat writing, consider changing category to group or section. Thats all I can say. Please check my essay, I need some help.
livedreamfly3 3 / 30  
I love your ideas! :)
i just wish there was some sort of transition between them to improve the flow.
^just a suggestion!

**please edit my northwestern essay! :D
Priyanka3 6 / 17  
I thought it was great! My favorite would be -

to always be considerate of you, and to never eat the last of the mint chocolate chip ice cream without replacing the carton.

Humors definitely a plus when its used well, and I like how its not so formal because the letter is to your roommate. good job!

Home / Undergraduate / "I am an oddball." - Stanford to Future Roommate