'it offers engineering from my first year' - Columbia is the best place for me

maria96 2 / 4  
Please tell us what you find most appealing about Columbia and why. (300 words or less)
if you please could help me to short the essay and help with the grammar

Columbia is one of the few universities that can offer me the possibility to experience engineering from my first year, the class of the Art in engineering will allow me to have a hands-on experience designing and bringing to life my ideas. The diversity of the student body will help to expand my views of the world since the core curriculum will allow to meet students from all over the world and from different majors, making possible to learn their different views of the different subjects, giving me a broad background that I could use in my discipline. [..]
Maria, please make sure that you have structured your sentences properly. This means that you have a period in the right place and not a comma where a period should be, among other sentence structure problems. I will point those out to you for now and I hope you can correct them along with the grammar revisions I will make to help bring down your word count. Yes, I will be revising your essay in totality to meet the word count :-)

The appeal of Columbia University for me lies in its ability to allow Engineering freshmen to have hands on experience in the field of design by allowing them to bring their ideas to life. I am enticed to enroll by the thought of participating in research projects under the tutelage of well known enginnering professors with the possibility of being able to gain internships in New York as well. I am definitely interested in pursuing the vast academic and semi-professional background that Columbia offers to its successful student applicants.

To social atmosphere of Columbia is one where I know that I will be able to make my home away from home. Being thousands of miles from hom, it is important to be a part of a welcoming and warm community. I immediately felt that way upon my campus visit to Columbia. The student enthusiasm and passion for their studies and civic activities really made me want to be a part of the campus excitement.

All combined, I believe that these factors are what appealed to me best when I was choosing my Engineering school. Columbia offers me the best chance to become a well rounded individual during my 4 years away from my home country by offering me not only academic, but social stability as well.

Does this work for you? It is 216 words. Use it as your template for revision if you wish to.
OP maria96 2 / 4  
Do you this essay answer the question? or I need to explain more

Home / Undergraduate / 'it offers engineering from my first year' - Columbia is the best place for me