The older I become, the more I realize how attitude has an impact on life. Perfect for FIT

miltride 1 / -  
Hi! I really need help with editing my essay as soon as possible because I am running out of time. I must submit my application by Thursday the 29th of this month. Thank you.

Direction: What makes you a perfect candidate for FIT? Why are you interested in the major you are applying to? We'd like you to tell us in an essay. This is your chance to tell us more about your experiences, activities and accomplishments. (No more than 750 words, please.)

The older I become, the more I realize how attitude has an impact on life. Attitude, to me, is the most important part of oneself. I'm amazed at how the worst experiences can be the greatest opportunities because I am forced out of my comfort zone and given the chance to grow. Jean-Yves Leloup once said "To be grounded in an attitude of compassion is to be capable of receiving and welcoming the suffering, which the other is giving us. This does not mean that we suffer for them, but that we offer them possibility of going beyond the separate self in which suffering is harbored." I found this to be true. And, considering the time my parents gave me while I was grounded to find and improve on my hidden talent, and passion.

Growing up, I've always wanted to be a doctor, or lawyer because that's what the people who were around me were. I believe everything happen for a reason because at the end there is always a lesson to learn and a new realization being made. If I was not grounded for the first time two years ago, until now, I probably would had have never found the talent that was concealed inside of me and what I wanted to be; a Fashion Designer. As a result, I have learned that wanting to be somebody else was a waste of who I was.

During my mid-sophomore year, I have develop so much compassion and ambition for Fashion that it shows on my daily outfits, and on the way my creative mind think/work. Participating in several schools and out of schools activities and events such as student Government, yearbook committee, fashion show, class activities, and different fundraisers, I render a multitude of offbeat ideas and persist to be stay involved in my community. As an athlete sports give me more confidence within myself and I feel like organization, discipline, determination, hardworking abilities, the will to listen and learn is needed in every field especially the fashion field because your works will get critics as well as compliments. That's why I make sweat my best accessory because success is not an accident but the result of hard work, and perseverance. And as a member of Student government, i have learned criticism lead to improvement, change, better result, and success, as Malcolm X once said "If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

I am the perfect candidate for FIT because my leadership skills, perseverance, and diligence entitle me to present myself with new ideas and new ways of seeing things differ from others. I can represent the school as a strong-willed, reliable, eager student who is responsible and shows relentless passion for what she she does and admire. Everyday I think about what I would be working on as my career and convince myself that if I make it a career doing something that I love such as fashion designer, then it's no longer work. Even though, I am confident in my sketches, and designs, I openly take criticism in consideration and know that there is always to room for improvement. I regularly look and think of ways I could enrich my knowledge and improve my talent from successful designers, as well as FIT students and former students which is why FIT is the perfect fit for me.
bpierron67 - / 3 1  
On you third paragraph I would focus more on specifics. Give examples of (fashion show, or others you listed) what you did and how they bring something valuable to FIT. Overall you have a good essay. Goodluck

Home / Undergraduate / The older I become, the more I realize how attitude has an impact on life. Perfect for FIT