My older sister and her impact on my life - essay

Rden 2 / 5  
The topic is this:
Write an essay in which you tell us about someone who has made an impact on your life and explain how and why this person is important to you.

For this essay I chose my older sister. This is all I have so far.
...

There is a quote I once heard about the people we come to meet, how only an exceptional few will leave an impression in our lives. From childhood to this awkward role of teenager, I've come across a wide spectrum of people. Many of them were generally good while some were of questionable nature. However, if there was just one person I had to choose, one face from a crowd of thousands, I would have to choose my older sister.

You're probably asking yourself why and to this question I could go on for hours. I could tell you about our late night drives to Stripes, our fights about the most insignificant things, how we laugh out of nowhere about something that happened days ago, and the secrets we keep hidden from the rest of the world. Little moments like these have bridged us closer together, and because we are sisters by blood she has a strong influence over me.

---------------------------------

I'm frustrated with myself, because the words aren't flowing as I want them to. I have a lot to write about but it's just not coming on in an organized fashion...please help me on what I have so far.
OP Rden 2 / 5  
Come on guys..
mstratton08 3 / 2  
it's a good start
maybe you should pinpoint a time where she helped you out in a time of need
perhaps more details, and less generalizations???
that's all i can think of so far...

-miranda
I once heard a quote about the people we come to meet, how only...

Usually, you should not abbreviate words into contractions, but instead just type the two words separately.

Some of them were generally good while others were of questionable nature.

You are probably wondering why,

Yes, good start, indeed. When you start to write, it is not SUPPOSED to be organized. Organize it later. If you contemplate the truths and lessons that have been revealed in relationship with your sister, you will come up with one excellent sentence. That sentence will be so goo that you will want to elaborate on it, and the writing will start to flow!

God luck!

Kevin

Home / Undergraduate / My older sister and her impact on my life - essay