Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Ominous, inanimate and eerie - Why Emory?

iprocrastinate 1 / 4 1  
Hello, this is my first time posting my essay and first time showing it to someone else. I would appreciate honest opinion and harsh criticism! Please get to me as soon as possible! Thank You

This is for Emory University Admission and the prompt is: What are the unique qualities of Emory University, and the specific school(s) to which you are applying (Emory College of Arts and Sciences, Oxford College, or both), that make you want to become part of Emory University? In what ways do you hope to take advantage of the qualities you have identified? Please limit your response to 250 words.

My Bad
Ominous, inanimate and eerie were my first impressions of Dooley. Yet there I was having a staring contest with a picture in wonderment.

My mother told me countless times that I should be human before anything else. Although college is for higher education, it is also a place of character molding. I want to be at an environment where my thoughts, experiences and judgments will be challenged. As I browsed through the pictures of the Atlanta campus, a picture of a person in a skeleton suit disconcerted me. But little did I know that was Dooley and it is a symbol of Emory's spirit, which is everlasting. The quirkiness of Dooley made me realize that Emory is not just a prestigious school with a picturesque campus but an institution where the people will learn to appreciate and value the meaning of things not its face value.

Besides from Dooley I was awed by Emory's ability to not only provide excellent academic experience but also lead by an example. The LEED certified buildings along with multitude of achievements made by research show Emory's ability to motivate students to take action. The community of Emory already inspires me to strive for my dream of finding new technology to cure diseases that that do not have remedies.

Emory is the best fit for me because the environment will help me be a better student and an individual. I hope that I will have a chance to see Dooley and apologize for my mistake.

Home / Undergraduate / Ominous, inanimate and eerie - Why Emory?